100mbps on Airtel V-Fiber VDSL Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter Joy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 5,335
@Joy
@Joy I am using D-Link dsl224 v fiber modem ,it can support 300 mbps check here but I am using 40 mbps .I've got many calls from airtel that my area got upgraded to high speed upto 300 mbps so i want to know can i ask them to change my speed to 100 from 40 mbps without plan change ,I'm using vfiber plan on a non fiber line and want speed upgrade for the same line ,don't want to change to fiber due to covid situation as then they will enter home premises . ? if yes what specs i need to share about my modem .I am confused where to check those specs ,can you please help me out ,thank you !

@broadband2019 Although I have disconnected Airtel VFiber at my home long time ago, but I'll try to recollect whatever I remember.

1. I don't think D-Link dsl224 supports speeds above 50 Mbps over WiFi as it has only 2.4 GHz WiFi you can try and use it in bridge mode to get 100 Mbps.
2. You need to first check your line stats whether it will actually support 100 Mbps or not.
3. Check for SNR Margin Down Stream and Down Stream rate. If, Downstream rate is around 40000-45000 Kbps, check the SNR, if the SNR is just above 10 than you will not get 100 Mbps on VFiber.

Go to 192.168.1.1 to check the line stats. Go to status tab after login is successful.
Try username and password both as "admin".

My brother mailed that with his registered e-mail id, can't find that e-mail. You can simply write that your line clearly supports 100 Mbps as you can see in the router settings, the attainable downstream shows 90000-100000 Kbps, the SNR Downstream(>10 dB) and the Attenuation Downstream(<25-30 dB). If this is the case then you are good to go. You can try escalating to a senior on 121 via call and explain your misery.
@Joy Hi thanks for responding ,

here are my stats :
Up Stream5781 kbps
Down Stream35873 kbps
Attenuation Down Stream24 dB
Attenuation Up Stream24 dB
SNR Margin Down Stream10.8 dB
SNR Margin Up Stream9.5 dB

I know I may not get ideal 100 mbps because I never got 40 mbps yet ,it max out at 35-36 mbps but I feel it supports 100 mbps . My point is even If I don't get exact 100 mbps its ok ,but I will be close enough like 80-90 mbps round about and that would be ok ,so I want to ask whether they changed your plan for speed upgrade or just upgraded your speed as the line supported 100 mbps ?

@broadband2019 Looking at your line stats, I don't think it's possible to get more than 40 Mbps on VFiber. You can only get 100+ Mbps on FTTH. They actually changed my plan, it was the same plan with 100 Mbps speed.

I don't remember facing any downtimes in hg633

My brother mailed that with his registered e-mail id, can't find that e-mail. You can simply write that your line clearly supports 100 Mbps as you can see in the router settings, the attainable downstream shows 90000-100000 Kbps, the SNR Downstream(>10 dB) and the Attenuation Downstream(<25-30 dB). If this is the case then you are good to go. You can try escalating to a senior on 121 via call and explain your misery.
bro today i got Huawei hg633 modem. i am getting 90-95mbps on ethernet but on 5ghz wifi i only get 50-60mbps. Its same i usedd to get on 777vr1. Why so? any solution?

Maybe due to limitation of hardware on your smartphone or laptop. Try with some new device. Also there might be some interference which is causing slow speed. Try setting the channel to auto in settings.

Back