1080p YouTube video streaming on Hayai Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 21,934
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was kidding with him I sure one of these we will have MG doing a special video fr us in Hindi :D

...or I could just confuse the hell out of you all and speak one of the other languages in which I have actually developed an ability to speak with some degree of fluency, rather than being limited in vocabulary and correct syntax as is currently the case with Hindi.

Maybe once I have better confidence with Hindi I will speak it like that, but this will require me to concentrate a bit more on studying the language and perfecting my accent/pronunciation, which, to be honest, is not as high on my priorities list as certain other things I'm doing at the moment!

Of course, I also don't want to say anything too insulting (which in some languages is quite easy if you don't distinguish the intonations correctly) or look too much like a fool... I get enough laughs trying to speak in front of the mother in law :P

...or I could just confuse the hell out of you all and speak one of the other languages in which I have actually developed an ability to speak with some degree of fluency, rather than being limited in vocabulary and correct syntax as is currently the case with Hindi. Maybe once I have better confidence with Hindi I will speak it like that, but this will require me to concentrate a bit more on studying the language, which, to be honest, is not as high on my priorities list as certain other things I'm doing at the moment!
transcript of video and content please! come on guys a V-blind guy needs help here...

I get enough laughs trying to speak in front of the mother in law :P

awa :)

Of course, I also don't want to say anything too insulting

haha true :D

transcript of video and content please! come on guys a V-blind guy needs help here...

Display: Youtube India

Audio: Good morning everyone, it's almost 3 o'clock in the morning, and I just wanted to demonstrate a little bit Youtube at super-high resolution. Ahhh, basically, it's going over our peering links, so there's a good chance that Youtube content will become a part of the Hayai Zone as a result. So it's just before 3 o'clock in the morning on the 30th of September, 2011, so we're in pre-launch stage now and I'm just doing a few tests. So what I'll do, I'll just quickly demonstrate that peering link with a trace route to youtube.com

Display: Command Prompt

Audio: So, uh, the trace route takes a while because there's no reverse-DNS entries for most of the servers, but so far we've got pretty much all "1's", and we're at the core now (step 3 in the trace route), and we've moved over to Google's network at 72.14.219.58 with all 1ms hops. And then we've got the next one 72.14.232.202, all 1's. And 6 216.239.48.179 that's also all 1's, and the 7th and final hop, which is youtube... itself... dot com, is all 1's, to 74.125.236.131, I apologize that it's a bit blurry, but there you go.

Display: Youtube India again

Audio: So, now, ahh, I'm going to demonstrate some hi-res content here, so we're selecting "Top Gear" because I know there's some HD content here, I'll just change the search to show us only HD, and I'm going to look for something somewhat appropriate [scrolling through video list on Youtube] how about the... there's a speed test here somewhere... there it is. Bugatti Super Sport Speed Test. It just makes us watch an advert first, so I'll pause it here and we'll get back to it afterwards.

Display: Advert finishes, Youtube Video screen goes dark.

Audio: So now it's defaulted to 720p, it recognizes obviously that I'm on a relatively high-speed connection, so I've just chosen 1080p instead...

Display: Video begins playing immediately.

Audio: And as you can see, it's working fine, so I'll just full-screen it there. You can see there, it's got 1080p (tries to zoom on 1080p at the bottom right corner), and it's very blurry, I apologize for that, ahh, and then over here we see that the streaming is coming faster than the video is playing, which is generally what we want.

Display: James May talking about the Bugatti.

Audio: So you can see that we've got nice, smooth video, and it's just going, and in fact what I can do is move straight ahead with the cursor...

Display: [clicks about 4:45 in to the video, which buffers for about 3 seconds and starts playing at the point there the audience is cheering]

Audio: And it goes straight through, and continues playing. Fantastic. I can seek to pretty much anywhere in the file...

Display: [clicks back to about 3:00 in the video, where the digital speedometer shows 400km/h+]

Audio: Give me a couple of seconds and voila! No worries. Fantastic. And it just goes. And it goes hard-out. We're very much hoping that Youtube will become part of the Hayai Zone, because it is a directly peered link, and we'll be able to offer this to subscribers, whether they're on Data plans, flat-rate plans or even Hayai Lite at the maximum possible speed, so, fantastic. And I think that the clip that we're showing here from the worlds fastest car as of now fairly much represents what we want from the service.

----------

First and last time I do that, BTW. Next time, watch the freaking video on Youtube when you get home. That's what it's there for. If you're blind, it has audio which pretty much describes what is happening.

Pretty fuzzy video but i could make out the 1080p loading fast enough and that's what matters.I didn't understand the cache part. I thought the cache was only for the most watched videos. This was being streamed from youtube's US servers?

I was kidding with him I am sure one of these days we will have MG doing a special video fr us in Hindi :D

gd then u shouldn't have problem with a 720P then.. :P

You bet he will.... :D...!!

And Yes....720p is a ice cake to me... :)

----------

@MG
You also sound like Bradley Cooper in the video :/

Pretty fuzzy video but i could make out the 1080p loading fast enough and that's what matters.

I didn't understand the cache part. I thought the cache was only for the most watched videos. This was being streamed from youtube's US servers?

I would be safer to assume that this was being streamed from a local cache at Google's office in India, given that there's no way that the laws of physics would allow me to ping an IP that's registered as being in Mountain View, CA in just 2ms. Whether the video came from this IP or somewhere else I nor anybody outside of Google can really tell: with the way the Google CDN is built, you literally can't tell where content is being physically loaded from, nor are you supposed to be able to tell - CDNs are designed to be completely transparent.

@MG
You also sound like Bradley Cooper in the video :/

I don't know who that is, but I assume that's some form of a compliment :)

try to load a video with 4K resolution, if your hardware can support it!! :P :P

It can't, as I'm only running a Pentium t4500 (time for an upgrade) - it streams OK but there are lots of frame drops. I do have a Core i5 handy so I will try with that and see how it goes.

@ MG Bradley Cooper is the guy frm Hangover movie seires who gets drunk..and High with drugs....does silly stuff and almost ends up breaking his engagement :P lol

@ MG

Bradley Cooper is the guy frm Hangover movie seires who gets drunk..and High with drugs....does silly stuff and almost ends up breaking his engagement :P lol

Sounds like me on a daily basis, except without the drink or drugs.

I've not seen that movie, but I think wifey found it good, and liked the sequel more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back