10v DC Power Adapter

• Thread starter Thread starter murli85
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 8,395

murli85

ISP
bsnl
Hello everyone. I have a modem provided my bsnl named dna a211. A few days ago, it's power adapter blew up like a small fire cracker. I gave it to bsnl and they changed it with a new one.Sadly, two days later, the new adapter too blew up like the first one. I called some electricians and they say there is fluctuations in my house and he doesn't know how to solve it. I do not think bsnl people will replace the adapter once again because i had replaced it just a week earlier. So i went to stores looking for adapter and the one's mostly available were the mobile phone one's rated @ 5V DC. My original adapter is rated @ 10V DC.I managed to get a 12V DC adapter from a friend who was using a chinese modem but when i use it, all the lights in the modem stay on and makes a little whistle sound. I quickly removed it before it could fry my modem.Then i tried using a 9V DC adapter from D-Link modem but this time the modem's light would come and slowly fade away and then come back for a little while then fade away again.Finally, i think this bsnl modem will only work on a 10V DC adapter. Does anyone know where i can find this modem in mumbai? Is it available in lamington road?Another important thing... The adapter modem provided my bsnl was a electronic one and light weighted. I need a adapter made from those heavy transformers to survive my electricity fluctuations.Any help will be greatly appreciated.Thank youMurli

I need a adapter made from those heavy transformers to survive my electricity fluctuations.

Murli

You may try Just Dial - India's No.1 local search engine and search for your reqirement.... Good luck...

Fixed Voltage Power Supply

for guidance/reference.. Observe polarity. consult your radio/TV
engineer. cost will be around Rs 200/=
Basic Idea : IC regulator ( cost about Rs 5 to Rs 10)
used for 9V DC 1 AMP regulated.
another diode to increase to 10V if needed

if your house lights has lot of fluctuation, get the ground and POLE earth checked and corrected, this would solve most of your fluctuation problem and the Adapter would live longer.Strong and Good Earth near your Electricity Meter would suppress this spikes.If you do not connect your MODEM Power adapter to UPS, start doing it now. use a multiplug but don't use without UPS.10 volt adapters which work with BSNL are available in market, look for electronic part shop, it may be Rs.150-Rs.225 for a heavy transformer one.

UPS's dont solve fluctuation prob's...many dont even have auto voltage regulation..just buy urself an Internal PCI ADSL modem for 600 odd bucks and save urself the hassle and the rent

Thank you everyone for providing valuable information.
Fixed Voltage Power Supply

for guidance/reference.. Observe polarity. consult your radio/TV
engineer. cost will be around Rs 200/=
Basic Idea : IC regulator ( cost about Rs 5 to Rs 10)
used for[color=\"RED\"] 9V DC 1 AMP[/color] regulated.
another diode to increase to 10V if needed
Dear essbebe,
I have a D-Link adapter made from heavy transformer material. It is rated @ 9V DC 1 Amp. How do i convert it to 10V DC? 750MaH preferable... I have a solder rod. What parts do i need to buy from radio shack?

It is rated @ 9V DC 1 Amp. How do i convert it to 10V DC? 750MaH preferable.
OBSERVE POLARITY FOR THE CONNECTOR TO MODEM
INNER +VE or not.
1 Amp = 1000 ma (H) current rating.
9V or 10 V should not make a difference.
( current capacity is important )
This voltage is again regulated inside the
modem and reduced
to say 6V or 5V.
The internal IC's need less than 3.3 V or 5V D.C
The modification is to be done in the internal
circuit , and not advisable. Also the unit will be sealed.

Back