y2s

Regular
ISP
Jio Fiber 300
Airtel/Vi/Jio Wireless
I get 2.5 mbps downstream and 1mbps upstream on my 1mbps mtnl line,
Anyone else facing this "issue" hahaha
No seriously

^ Do you "GET" this speed? That's the line characteristic - what it supports, not what it is getting currently.

250-275kbps on torrentsalmost 300kbps from microsoftupload of 50-70kbps

That's WOW. Those numbers though are line characteristics alone. Most folk have the same stats, but are on different speeds.

I think they did not bother to configure me at server end

The good part is that you are on MTNL, it would be long before they found out!

haha, I was going to up my plan, but now I'm just staying put

I am getting 2 mbps on a 256 kbps UL connection since last 1 year. Effectively, I'm paying Rs 599 plus tax for a 2 mbps UL connection since February, 2009. I download around 30GB every month. I guess once a mistake is made by MTNL tech staff, it is not rectified easily.

I got close to 100gigs on my 1mbit which used to always be downloading something or the other, Now I my net is idle most of the times, you can only download so much, I think it would actually be a good Idea for ISP's to give high speeds like 50mbps, Because that would save power(not really, my comp is always on) as people would need less time to download and also, it would make them more money because you can only download "so much", I have 2tb storage and more than half is empty, I just cannot find anything that I need. My downloads have dropped to 2-3 movies a week and about 6 TV shows.when I was on 256, 512 or even 1mbit for that matter, I thought with higher speeds I would download everything and anything, Not so. Anyways 2.5mbps is pretty darn good.

omg.... i hope something like that happens for me... @y2s ur right,....but u download all sorts of crap as soon as you get a faster connection and sometimes u never get satisfied with your internet speed :P

Back