• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3,125

hitman

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
I am a VF postpaid user .. Have already got VMC activated and I get unlimited usage for Rs.200 ..Recently I activated 3G plan 100MB for Rs.100 ..I got an SMS from VF saying "3G pack has been activate for your mobile phone xxxxxxxxx with monthly rent of Rs.100. You will get 100MB usage free of charge after that 10p/10kb will apply"So now when I have used up my 100MB will I be charged 10p/10kb or it will still be free for me as per my VMC plan?

If you use 3G network post 100 MB usage ...10P/10Kb will apply ....if you switch to 2G network ....your unlimited 200 Bucks 2G plan will come into effect without any extra usage (this is assuming you have not deactivated the 200 bucks unlimited plan)

But how can one switch to 2G? They r using the same APN for both 3G and Edge .. Won't the 3G automatically get deactivated after 100MB is used up?

But how can one switch to 2G? They r using the same APN for both 3G and Edge .. Won't the 3G automatically get deactivated after 100MB is used up?

No, once the 100MB is up, your 3G access will remain and you'll be billed at 10p/10kb. Your 2G plan will be ignored.

You have to disable 3G in your phone settings. For instance, on Nokia phones, if you look under network settings, you can choose between dual mode (2G and 3G), UTMS (3G only) and GSM (2G only). You'll have to choose the "2G only" option.

Ok.. thx for explanation ..So if I deactivate VMC.. will I still be able to use 3G services? or VMC is needed for 3G service?

as far as i understand,,, after 30 days of validity your 3g will get deactivated,

Yeah but the issue now is if i need to keep tht VMC plan or if i can deactivate it and still use 3g services..

Vf MC is freely activated on Postpaid so is VL .. atleast mine is. I pay only for data usage.Then ..u do need to keep all these services on if u are on iPhone.Also after 3G data usage is over .. u are charged 10p/10kb normal rates for 2G and 3G alike.

So guys if I deactivate VMC and just subscribe to 3G 100MB pack .. Will it work?Will I be able to use connect to laptop? Currently I can connect to laptop .. I have LG optimus one .. so it allows to make the phone as hotspot ..I just wanna make sure tht even if I unsubscribe from VMC should I be able to connect to laptop like I do now ..Also for now data usage will roaming is free for me under VMC plan .. Will it be same under 3G plan too?

Back