75 year old woman gets world's fastest broadband!

• Thread starter Thread starter viralbug
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,424

viralbug

tR0ll bUg
ISP
MTNL Triband 1333 2mbps night 1mbps day
The Local - Sigbritt, 75, has world's fastest broadband

A 75 year old woman from Karlstad in central Sweden has been thrust into the IT history books - with the world's fastest internet connection.

Sigbritt Löthberg's home has been supplied with a blistering 40 Gigabits per second connection, many thousands of times faster than the average residential link and the first time ever that a home user has experienced such a high speed.

OMG! holy cow! cant even imagine the speed! :O:O:S:S
what a total waste of the connection! what the hell is that old lady gonna do with it! :S
they should have given it to me instead!:happy:
an hd-dvd in 2 sec! lolz :S

:O :O :O :O :O :O :O What will she do with that connection

I like the ending:
"The most difficult part of the whole project was installing Windows on Sigbritt's PC," said Jonsson.
:rofl:

Very interesting news. Thanks, viralbug!

In related news, (in case you guys hadn't heard about it) Airtel has actually tied up with Peter Löthberg with the view of providing such lightning speed connections in India by end 2009. They expect to launch a 40Gbps plan then!!! Download limit 200MB. ;)

^ thats a good sign.hope someone starts introducing fibre soon.imagine the number of hard disks you would require for this connection! :rofl:you most probably would need several TB's!

She might even have a 1000 Terabit connection but the fact is that most servers will upload around 40-50Mbps per connection. Not more. Not less :P

I don't think any consumer level HDD can go over 40 mbps with ext3+journal or NTFS. Even with basic filesystems like ext2 ot FAT you can't go past 55- 60 mbps.So for downloading at even 500 MBps will mean spending BIG $$$$ on RAID+Fiber channel SAN.

Back