A guide to receive far away FM stations

• Thread starter Thread starter mundle2002
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 88,775
Thank you, learn many things in one go

:rolleyes:@seshu It was very interesting thread to me & to convey Thanks to all guys does not deviate Main Topic

^ [off topic]
perhaps meant that he learnt / learned many things from this thread !

Amateur Radio Antenna Projects
Just try the lengths for 6 M by reduced by 55%
Try ONLY the dipole first
More antennas
Beam Lengths

Orient the Antenna towards transmitter direction for best signals.
Height should be at least 30 feet from ground level ( to avoid building etc obstructions)
Calculating exact measurements. for center freq 98 MHz of 88 -108 FM broadcast band.
more "Gyan" depending on feedback.

Para two : Old TV antenna Boosters can be also tried.

Amateur Radio Antenna Projects
Just try the lengths for 6 M by reduced by 55%
Try ONLY the dipole first
More antennas
Beam Lengths

Orient the Antenna towards transmitter direction for best signals.
Height should be at least 30 feet from ground level ( to avoid building etc obstructions)
more \"Gyan\" depending on feedback.
Para two : Old TV antenna Boosters can be also tried.

Hey I notice that Car Fm Sets even with poorly optimised arial are picking up weak stations sometimes 400 km or more distant in a good location, especially the Sony, pioneeer blaupunkt sets.I suppose they are having high gain amplifier. Does anybody have ampifier circuits designed specially for fm band rather than vhf tv booster ?

if anyone has tried to make the fm dxing amplifier can u help me clearing a doubt. how to do the RFC in the circuit where the coil is wound over the resistor. does nayone have any picture to post

Hai,assembled the FM booster cicuit and yagi antenna. but not getting any distant FM stations. NOt known whether the booster works? How to check it? Any could help me ?jim

@jimGood show.Try the Yagi Antenna for the local FM station at ground level and rotate it.The signal should increase as you orient the Yagi towards the Transmitter direction.Say " Due South' 180 degrees. Now add the booster and look for Fm stations in same south direction.Say you are in Cochin, Tiruvananthapuram. Kollam( if it has a FM) could be received.You will find during Summer reception is possible. early mornings and evenings. I am hearing Sri Lanka Amateur "HAM" stations in the night , for short duration.Also in Chennai from Yercaud( Salem) morning and night ( power is barely 10 or 20 Watts). Remember, long back SriLanka Television was picked up even in Chennai. Your "Booster" is equivalent to an "Active Antenna" with built in vhf band amplifier. Since it is only for reception of VHF signals I am ignoring some loss/mismatch in the cable used.PS: Any DD TV station in your area ? What is the VHF freq ?

Hai,
assembled the FM booster cicuit and yagi antenna. but not getting any distant FM stations. NOt known whether the booster works? How to check it? Any could help me ?
jim

did u assemble the mosfet based circuit or a normal FM booster.

Back