A powerful future-proof non-gaming laptop

ISP
Jio
My requirements with the corresponding budget are quite ambitious, but will be really happy if someone can help me out.

1. Touchscreen
2. Lightweight
3. Resolution greater than 1366x768
4. 1TB hard disk
5. Powerful processor which will perform well for 4-5 years (read - the latest iteration of Intel processors, whatever it is)
6. Minimum 4GB RAM, but would love to have more. Already have 4GB so maybe 8GB shall be nice.

Hardly do I play games. So a gaming laptop is not necessary. A decent GPU to process simple graphics and Photoshop and Corel Draw like applications shall be fine.

Budget not very high. 35-40K approx.

Last edited by a moderator:
They replaced my 45000 display with a 95000 one few years ago. Too bad the newer display has the same issue and now it is out of warranty. :-P

Upvote 0
I bought a top of the line core 2 duo in 2007. My dad is still using it. It has 2gb ram and 120 gb hdd. Works fine for him, emails and some stock market related work.
Similar is the case with me. I bought the Acer 5738G back in 2009, it was literally a beast back then. Still using it. Works flawlessly.

Few friends who have newer laptops, even they feel my laptop blazes in terms of speed.

Apart from the wonderful performance, 4Gigs of RAM in 2009 was a big thing, and it had a decent graphic card too and was one of the first few models in India in to poses a LED screen. Even the fingerprint sensor works fine after nearly 6 years.

But unfortunately it's getting too big for my liking. I want something compact now. Also the speakers of my laptop have gone kaput! [emoji14]

And because my laptop is so good even today, I'm confused whether I shall settle for a decent budget, or like what my dad did for me in 2009, buy a beast which will survive like a boss for the next 5-6 years.

Upvote 0

Back