Is there life after Jio for Lyf?

• Total voters

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Have you replaced your primary device with Lyf?
Do you plan to continue using your Lyf device once the Jio exclusivity is over?
Would you buy a Lyf device if it did not come with Jio offer?
What do you think about your Lyf device except for the bundled Jio offer?
Would you recommend a Lyf device over other brands to friends/family if the Jio offer was not included?

Haha. I guess the answer is pretty straightforward. Without JIO, there is no lyf.

I tried hard to love my LYF but it sucks... :p

Once I sell my LFY, I will once again start to love my real life.

In seriousness, these 2 year old technology phones are being dumped on us. Most people's 3 month promotions will be over by August end. Ebay and OLX will be flooded with the listing of LYF phone if JIO does not extend the offer by another 3 months. I might sell my phone few days before my plan is up if there is not concrete news on extension.

I just wished they had not locked the sim and made it work anywhere. Once you buy the phone, they have your money and it shouldn't have mattered which phone you use unless it has all the required 3 bands which JIO uses.

Giving people freedom to use their own device would have also given JIO the much needed technical data on devices and their compatibility.

It's just a lose-lose situation for both.... us and JIO themselves.

I spent Rs. 6000 to purchase a Lyf phone. I use an iPhone as my primary phone. Of course a phone that costs magnitudes less is going to offer performance suited to its price range. That said, it is not a bad phone per se. It can very well be used as a primary phone.

LYF is Reliance brand.If they can offer 3 months unlimited everything for selling their old stock,they will keep offering more to establish their brand.All online reports suggest towards JIO bundling offers with LYF phones.In future they may come up with offers like-
1.10GB data free per month with Phones priced Rs.4000/- for one year.
2. 20 GB with Rs.8000/-
3.40GB with Rs.15000/-

Will these offers lure buyers or not? May be not.Bcoz these are my offers.LYF or JIO will surely think bigger and better than me;)

Back