• Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 939

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
So, I recently sold a small plot of land and I do not plan to invest the money in real estate or mutual funds or stocks. I plan to put the money in FD so was hoping for some tips. Any suggestions welcome.

Last edited:
What was your rationale for pulling out of real estate and going into FD at this time?

With the looming economic crisis, isn't real estate better than cash right now?

not this land. had to get rid of it because of family thing. otherwise we would have lost control over it lol. have been trying to get rid of it for a decade. finally got all the pieces together. ps. it is not in gurgaon. it is in dad's village. it was never going to sell at market price as cousin kind of considers it part of his own house since the very beginning.

what exactly you want to know ? higher interest ? safety ? type of deposit ? you want withdraw interest regularly ?

You may get better help from more experienced people on this FB group

just basic things. i thought there were just two types. fd and rd. yes bank has these options with no description:

qMw7i5R.png

i guess i would visit the bank tomorrow and talk to the relationship manager.

Been seeing family disputes since I was five years old. Our ancestors house in the village has a wall dividing it all the way from front to back yard. Now nobody lives there and many of my cousins are settled down abroad.

Lost a lot in stock market in early 2000s. Since then I have survived only on rent income from house. If my parents and ancestors were not wise to invest in lands and properties I would have died from starvation :p

^ Rent Income is the best income nowadays.

Anyways, @Sushubh did you find any wise investment strategy for yourself?

Back