Aadhaar linkage with Voter ID and Property Documents

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 109
  • Views Views 21,800
I suppose this is the first step to basically deduplicate the voters list. Then NRC to remove invalid voters. But the problem of rigging during elections still remains, I wonder what they will do.

When you poll your vote, the printer that is installed shows the name of the candidate you choose and a serial number. That serial number can then be correlated with register that is kept where your details are entered before you reach evm.

This is all aimed at aadhaar based e-voting. So they don't even have to worry about rigging the machines.

I read somewhere that even if Aadhaar is voluntary you still have to provide some sort of alternative document. Nevertheless its a must.

When you poll your vote, the printer that is installed shows the name of the candidate you choose and a serial number. That serial number can then be correlated with register that is kept where your details are entered before you reach evm.
But this has nothing to do with aadhar linked or not linked right?

And I don't remember exactly but I think they just cross your name from voter list they have when they put ink on your finger.

Yes, it is irrespective of Aadhaar. They do cross your name from voter list but also enters your details in a register.

Back