ACT Broadband - Have serious customer support issues

• Thread starter Thread starter makash
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,464
ISP
Airtel
I moved house from Koramangala to Indiranagar and enquired with ACT if they would be able to provide me a connection in the new place. They took their own sweet time and after many phone calls later said they have done the feasibility study and they can in-fact provide me a connection in the new place. I asked them about what about all the days I won't be able to use the connection since they take 15 working days to shift it, they told me repeatedly that it would be credited to my account.
The Transfer Process
Their person came to collect new address proof and promptly took INR 300 as transfer charges. Again the series of calling them about the connection started. Their floor supervisor Mr. S kept stating that they are committed to giving the connection and they will refund the for the time I was unable to use it.
The Excuses start as always
Eventually they started giving excuses on why they can't provide the conncetion. Apparently there is someone in the new building who has a box but refuses to share the connection. So now ACT says that they can't provide the connection unless I go talk to the other customer and convince them. This is the most absurd thing I had ever heard. I have a business relationship with ACT but they want me to do their work. Not only that, I tried to explain to them that I am on their most expensive package, why not shift the box from the other customer to my place and give the connection to them.
Don't want my business
For some reason their customer support isn't interested in my business at all. I have never crossed the FUP limit so I fail to understand why it would be so. The only reasonable explaination is that they don't care at all.
The icing on the cake is that they have agreed to refund the transfer charges of INR 300 but not for the 15 days of unused internet. Right now, I am trying to get in touch with Mr. S and anyone who would understand that this is not the way to treat a customer but so far no luck.
Out of ideas on how to deal with them
If you all have any ideas on how to proceed to either get a connection(25 Mbps is needed for the kind of work I do) or at least if I can get my money back for the time I haven't utilised at all.

makash said:
I moved house from Koramangala to Indiranagar and enquired with ACT if they would be able to provide me a connection in the new place. They took their own sweet time and after many phone calls later said they have done the feasibility study and they can in-fact provide me a connection in the new place. I asked them about what about all the days I won't be able to use the connection since they take 15 working days to shift it, they told me repeatedly that it would be credited to my account.
The Transfer Process
Their person came to collect new address proof and promptly took INR 300 as transfer charges. Again the series of calling them about the connection started. Their floor supervisor Mr. S kept stating that they are committed to giving the connection and they will refund the for the time I was unable to use it.
The Excuses start as always
Eventually they started giving excuses on why they can't provide the conncetion. Apparently there is someone in the new building who has a box but refuses to share the connection. So now ACT says that they can't provide the connection unless I go talk to the other customer and convince them. This is the most absurd thing I had ever heard. I have a business relationship with ACT but they want me to do their work. Not only that, I tried to explain to them that I am on their most expensive package, why not shift the box from the other customer to my place and give the connection to them.
Don't want my business
For some reason their customer support isn't interested in my business at all. I have never crossed the FUP limit so I fail to understand why it would be so. The only reasonable explaination is that they don't care at all.
The icing on the cake is that they have agreed to refund the transfer charges of INR 300 but not for the 15 days of unused internet. Right now, I am trying to get in touch with Mr. S and anyone who would understand that this is not the way to treat a customer but so far no luck.
Out of ideas on how to deal with them
If you all have any ideas on how to proceed to either get a connection(25 Mbps is needed for the kind of work I do) or at least if I can get my money back for the time I haven't utilised at all.
Hello,We are really sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly share your customer details such as customer ID or registered contact no. with us so that our team can get in touch with you ASAP. We will forward your complaint to the concerned authority and our customer care executives will get back to you at the earliest.Regards,ACT Broadband

I will share the customer ID number but I am not keen on posting my phone number here.
Please find my contact details from the customer ID number.
User ID 10550984
A/c number 246017Right now, I am waiting for Mr S (your floor supervisor to return my call). I was promised that he will call by 12PM. Haven't heard anything so far.
Thank you for replying.

Quick Update.

[*]Finally managed to speak to a Floor Supervisor Mr U. He recommended that I should speak to the Nodal Office.
[*]Getting through to the Nodal Office was difficult, but with persistence I managed to speak to a Mr R there.
[*]He agreed that it made business sense to shift the box to my place and he would ask the Re-Activation team to contact me.
[*]Got a call from the Re-Activation team that someone would come over to collect the refund cheque and someone else will come to setup the connection. They promised that this would be done by Saturday Morning. Gave me a phone number and a name.
[*]Nobody so far has come, not picked up the phone for the number given and I am still waiting.
[/list]
If this does work out, I recommend getting hold of the floor supervisor to explain to you, what might be causing the delay. This is based on my limited experience so far.

Finally the issue has been resolved and my internet is working again. In the end they gave a connection from a box already present in the building.
I would like to think, the act of posting here contributed in them resolving the issue.
Thank you for reading.

makash said:
Finally the issue has been resolved and my internet is working again. In the end they gave a connection from a box already present in the building.
I would like to think, the act of posting here contributed in them resolving the issue.
Thank you for reading.
Hello,The above mentioned grievance has been addressed & resolved. Please feel free to get in touch with us on 080 4284 0000 or write to us at [email protected] if you have any queries. Thank you for your cooperation.Warm Regards,ACT Broadband

Back