ACT CHENNAI - FUP MALPRACTICES

• Thread starter Thread starter Siv Kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 2,111
ISP
ACT Broadband, Chennai
ACT CHENNAI - GONE THE VW WAY

I have started experiencing severe FUP inaccuracies since September (last month). I think this is some kind of scheme by ACT to increase revenues. On September 20th, the broadband slows down and when I check FUP, it says I have consumed 87 GB of data against my quota of 75 GB. There is no way this can happen since my internet use is limited to e-mail, some web surfing and an occasional Youtube video. I do not do movie streaming, I do not have a home network and I do not do movie downloads. I call up ACT customer care and they say their consumption record is valid and they can send me detailed information on data use. No such information received for days and I was forced to reset the FUP limits by paying Rs. 544. Close to 27GB of data I received from this process is used up in 7 days and it started crawling again by September 27th ! I reset my modem password just in case however, this trend continued in the new FUP cycle. 6.5 GB used up in 4 days so far this month!

I have never before experienced this kind of data consumption in my life and this certainly cannot be correct. I used to have a 10GB limit with my previous provider (Airtel) and this never used to get used up. Even with ACT, I have hardly used anywhere close to the data limits for the last several months.

The details ACT promised to send never came. I am now convinced this is a scheme to make customers reset their FUPs and pay more money. Well, all good things have to come to an end and ACT has gone the VW way now.

I will have to look at going back to Airtel, who despite some connectivity issues now and then, were at least honest. It is not about paying ACT more, I would gladly do that if they are upfront about it because the service is good when it lasts. What I hate is lack of integrity and scheming to increase revenues and market share. I am sorry ACT did not learn a lesson from the VW scandal and other scandals where greed causes good companies to come to their knees.

You are not alone. I have been seeing this since last 2 months. They don't agree that there is something wrong at their end!

Back