ACT Fibernet business connection down for most of last two days.

ISP
ACT Fibernet
Hi all
We recently changed our office broadband supplier to ACT Fibernet and have had two months of excellent speeds and stable internet connection after many years of pain with an expensive BNSL line that goes down literally every 5 minutes.
This week we had a major team meeting and training in the office and sure enough the ACT Line went down on Wednesday afternoon just as we started training for our new cloud based sales app.
We contacted 1st line support who then passed us to 2nd line support who then told us 3rd line support would be in touch. After waiting nearly a whole day, we called up again stamping our feet asking for a response. Eventually they put us through to a senior support person who immediately discovered a backend issue and resolved it.
Yay, back on the internet again.
The joy only lasted about 2 hours and we were down again.
Yesterday at around 11am the line dropped again. This time 1st line support guaranteed it was a general outage affecting all their customers.
We called back a number of times yesterday afternoon to check the status and in the end demanded the line issue be resolved before 9am this morning.
I have just checked the line and it is still not up, so I doubt they will meet this demand and the two people that have travelled from the US and UK to do the training will have wasted their time and money.

Firstly, has anyone else with ACT Fibernet connections in Bangalore had issues the past two days?
Overall, what have other peoples experiences been with regards to stability and technical support services from ACT?

I am hoping this is a one-off situation for us and the line will be up and stable again when I get to the office, but I will update all experiences here until it is resolved. I am a firm believer in the sharing of our experiences in a competitive broadband market where services can be easily replaced!
Pull your finger out ACT, we pay for a broadband service and we expect to get the service we pay for, or we will move.

Regards
Bryan Smith
TA Instruments - Waters Ltd
IT manager for EU and India

Since you are saying its a business connection, I'm sure you might have signed an SLA with them. If they crossed it, sue them.

On the side note, I would've never ever never trusted ACT for business needs. Airtel is expensive, but they are super reliable. You should atleast get a backup connection if you plan on sticking with ACT.

Hi,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please share your Customer ID or registered contact number and we will get back to you.

Warm Regards,
ACT Fibernet

Back