Additional software for EVDO ZTE AC8700?

• Thread starter Thread starter IamJAX
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 26,941
Status
Not open for further replies.

IamJAX

ISP
Asianet/BSNL EVDO
Hi, My friend took EVDO connection yesterday(in cochin) and he told me that BSNL installed some software in addition to the one that comes with USB device. He was told that the software enhances the speed of the connection. Any idea what it is? I took my connection about a month back and didn't receive any extra software.Best RegardsJAX

Does your friend use evdo on laptop ?Because BSNL was giving a patch from compaq ( I don't remember exactly ) to be installed on specific laptops to enhance speed.

they dont tell that the software is only for compaq. i also got it. and i have pasted in some thread here.. it is supposed to be a signal booster.. but i didnt see any effect...

When I got the connetion SDE came to my house and he installed one software to my Desk top. I dont know(even he did not know) for what it was . I havent noticed any increase in speed because of that.

By Using ZTE's EVDO device, like 8700 can we not make a voice call? like Huawei EC321? What a new softwares for this ZTE 8700 device? How can we tweak it for increased performance?

Kums.. our evdo is capable of making voice calls.. but bsnl have disabled it.. donno why... U can get in touch with them for more info...

(*they wont be able to help you out.. That am sure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back