advise on connecting two computer

• Thread starter Thread starter jaswinder
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,532

jaswinder

ISP
hfcl connect broadband
dear friends i want to know that can i connect two computer single broadband plan by usinghub or modem 2 which has 4 networking port.i have 499ul plan can i connect it with another computer using hub or modem 2.

Pretty simple. You need to configure your modem in PPPOE mode. If your modem has 4 LAN ports, you may use any of the two LAN ports to connect it to both the PC. Else you need to buy a switch which starts from minimum 8 ports. You may then connect the LAN out from your modem to this switch then use the free ports to connect it to your computer.

dear friends
i want to know that can i connect two computer single broadband plan by using
hub or modem 2 which has 4 networking port.i have 499ul plan can i connect it with another computer using hub or modem 2.

To connect more than two systems independently,

1. Configure your modem in PPPoE mode.

2. Enable DHCP in your modem.

3. In the TCP/IP properties of your connection (both machines), set " Obtain IP address automatically ".

Me too using 2 systems. One through ethernet and other through WiFi. If your modem has 4 LAN port, you can simply plug in an ethernet cable from one of the port and connect to your second PC. Alternatively, you can use WiFi if your system is WiFi enabled.

Can i connect 2 PC's with wired network(Internet + Intranet)(20 metres)? Will be there be a data loss? Thought of Wi-Fi...but if the wired(reliable) is cheap i can go for it.

@raj2007mention the modem/model/make/number presently you are using..

Can i connect 2 PC's with wired network(Internet + Intranet)(20 metres)? Will be there be a data loss?

I don't think so. LAN cables usually run for 100's of meters without any loss in data, besides being reliable than Wi-Fi.

Need help on similar lines1) I have Fivenet broadband ..which runs on the PPPOE anyway.2) I have a Belkin N router which is set on PPPOE2) We have two laptops at home (mine and my wife's) ...both are connected to the router and are able to access the internetNow i want to connect 2 laptops on WiFi with each other (as in LAN)Can anyone guide me on this :) ?

I don't think so. LAN cables usually run for 100's of meters without any loss in data, besides being reliable than Wi-Fi.
If its true, what all things i need to make it work?

Need help on similar lines

1) I have Fivenet broadband ..which runs on the PPPOE anyway.
2) I have a Belkin N router which is set on PPPOE
2) We have two laptops at home (mine and my wife's) ...both are connected to the router and are able to access the internet

Now i want to connect 2 laptops on WiFi with each other (as in LAN)
Can anyone guide me on this :) ?

I think you need to setup a wireless adhoc connection.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

If its true, what all things i need to make it work?

You can connect 2 PC's for file sharing etc via a crossover lan cable. [Making a crossover cable at home is an easy DIY, or you can get a readymade one from the techshop guy.]

Back