After 3 months of JioFiber Paid Subscription

• Thread starter Thread starter ap99
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 98
  • Views Views 16,108
I contacted the JioFiber customer care yesterday. The person told me that this 3 times rule is applicable only for monthly silver recharge. For quarterly, semi-annual and annual you will get OTT apps as long as your plan is active and no such 3 recharge thing is applicable.
So next month if I recharge with a quarterly silver plan, I will get the OTT apps subscriptions.

Edit: I just noticed that my Disney+Hotstar VIP subscription has automatically renewed. It does not show up under subscriptions in the Jio app but on the Hotstar website it says VIP plan expiring on 19th August. Transactions on the Hotstar website also show a 19th July 'Jio' transaction. SonyLiv and Zee5 have expired.

Last edited:
Quarterly is good.
or
If netflix is added in Gold plan. It's the best plan.

You never know, they can provide Netflix from Silver plan as well 😂

Don't know why they are delaying the addition of it into the JioFiber

I contacted the JioFiber customer care yesterday. The person told me that this 3 times rule is applicable only for monthly silver recharge. For quarterly, semi-annual and annual you will get OTT apps as long as your plan is active and no such 3 recharge thing is applicable.
So next month if I recharge with a quarterly silver plan, I will get the OTT apps subscriptions.

Edit: I just noticed that my Disney+Hotstar VIP subscription has automatically renewed. It does not show up under subscriptions in the Jio app but on the Hotstar website it says VIP plan expiring on 19th August. Transactions on the Hotstar website also show a 19th July 'Jio' transaction. SonyLiv and Zee5 have expired.

I must have recharged silver plan monthly for 6 times and then shifted to bronze plan for 3 months. Right now there are no active subscriptions except for ZEE5 and hotstar vip. I don’t know how they are working still but all other ott apps have expired.

so if I recharge with silver quarterly now, is it sure that I will get all the ott apps again ?

Well the Jio complimentary apps(Cinema, News, Music) are working for me even though I dont have any working prepaid plan(JIO 4G sim). Is that normal :p ?

I must have recharged silver plan monthly for 6 times and then shifted to bronze plan for 3 months. Right now there are no active subscriptions except for ZEE5 and Hotstar vip. I don’t know how they are working still but all other ott apps have expired.

so if I recharge with silver quarterly now, is it sure that I will get all the ott apps again ?
Yes. That is what the customer care told me. I spoke with two different people, both gave me assurance that OTT apps will be given for quarterly, semi-annual and annual silver plan irrespective of whether your 3 monthly silver recharges are over or not and you will continue to get it as long as you keep recharging with those plans.
So if you recharge with a quarterly silver plan, you will get all the OTT app subscriptions again.

(You said you recharged silver monthly plan for 6 times. Did you continue getting OTT apps(apart from zee5 and hotstar) beyond 3 months? If yes then that is strange)

(You said you recharged silver monthly plan for 6 times. Did you continue getting OTT apps(apart from zee5 and Hotstar) beyond 3 months? If yes then that is strange)

@ap99 thanks for your reply. Yes I continued getting all the apps as long as I kept recharging monthly silver plan. Now in myjio app , it shows no subscription for anything , but zee5 and hotstar continue to work month on month and I have been recharging monthly bronze plan all these months.

There’s no consistency in what they do. It works differently for different people.

I must have recharged silver plan monthly for 6 times and then shifted to bronze plan for 3 months. Right now there are no active subscriptions except for ZEE5 and Hotstar vip. I don’t know how they are working still but all other ott apps have expired.

100%

Back