AIIMS News & Updates

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I get this feeling that the parking system in AIIMS is actually controlled by some kind of a Mafia. :Pfirst thing. You enter the premises and you just can't find any place to park.Everywhere you see you would notice the No Parking Signs.This is actually the good thing as you would know where NOT TO park you car.But the problem is that the actual parking (the one I managed to find after much effort) is located around a kilometer away from the entry gate.Funny thing is that when I asked a cop to direct me to the parking facility at AIIMS he sent me to a location which had NO PARKING written all around it.I thought for a while that maybe the boards are old and I should park my car there. But then I noticed that big truck which tows away the cars standing in No Parking regions.I followed that truck and after 10 minutes of driving ended up reaching the first official parking at AIIMS.After visiting my cousin who is admitted there, I went back to the parking to get back my car... The dude there stopped me and asked me my car number. I told him the registration number of my car and he was kinda surprised. I realized that he was considering me to be one of those guys whose car was towed away. So, basically he was hoping to extract the fine for wrong parking from me.The basic point is...Parking is far away.It's not properly marked at the entry points.Even the cops inside direct you to park at No Parking locations.If you end up doing that your car is towed away to the official parking zone.You have to find out that place and go there and pay the fine to get back the car.You know that something is wrong when you see that the people towing away the cars are actually the most active workers in the entire AIIMS premises. They are not tired. They are not unhappy. They are actually working very hard doing their job perfectly. More mess at AIIMS.They have these electronic vehicles to carry you from the gate to the parking. And back of course.The distance is pretty long and they are supposed to be running several of these vehicles. In my two visits I have just seen one vehicle operating at the hottest hours during the day time.And today I saw that the driver was actually pushing the cart as it had developed some glitch of some kind. Ended up traveling around 2 KM on foot in the worst possible heat. Another minor hassle... The parking guy just simply blurted out that he did not have change... So, I had to end up paying him extra money for legitimate use of the parking. Overall, a disgusting experience dealing with AIIMS and I am not even talking about seeing the people who were just lying around some of them wounded some of them in miserable shape... hoping to find a doctor someday.

AIIMS is one of hundreds of places where the parking mafia is looting people.

Did you know that the actually parking rates for most (read about 95% of places) is Rs. 5 and not Rs. 10!! There are only a couple of places (I know of C.P.) where this rate is higher, but everywhere else in Delhi, it's supposed to be Rs. 5.

Since I discovered this, I have paid these guys Rs. 5. Most of the times, they will accept it with a shrug. Sometimes, they will fight - in which case you ask them to show you the parchi booklet where you will see on untorn tickets that it is actually Rs. 5!! They tear the ticket right after it says Rs. 5. Once I had a guy throw the 5 rupees back in my lap, and said some stupid thing like 'yeh bhi kyon de rahe ho' - so I zoomed off pleasantly happy with having saved Rs. 5 :D

Yeah parking at AIIMS is a messy affair..I dont know abt recent times but 5 yrs ago, i nearly had a fist fight with those parking attendants..for towing away my car from a legitimate parking place..

heh. i have never had issues with parking at most other places in india. nehru place parking is as simple as it gets.

where do you park in Nehru Place? I used to park (for free) at this place near the building with The Chopras' office. Now this gang of really shady and disgusting 4-5 guys have taken over the place, and they charge Rs. 20! You don't even feel like arguing with them, because 'maan-behen' gaalis spew from their mouth like nothing.Do people on this forum pay Rs. 5 or Rs. 10?

rs 10 for 4 hours at palika... i think that is the rule.... for cars.but most parkings would charge u rs. 10 for 2 hours... and u wont believe the malls in gurgaon. they are now charging rs. 20 for 4 hours for bikes 40 for 6 hours and rs. 5 per hour after that.i think the rates are double for cars.

I was just in DT the other day, and they charged Rs. 30 for the first 2 hours or something like that (for cars) - I don't mind as much considering that they have built a multi-storied underground parking garage. I hate it when I have to park in one of those bumpy, rocky barren plots of land such as in the back of Nehru Place.

heh... right. DT is the most expensive of the lot... and they never have a decent movie running on their screens... forget about exclusives which pvr gets now and then... the best deal is to park you car in one of the newer malls like the landmark. you would face less traffic around there. you would get better parking... overall i am ditching the idea of going to these malls to see a movie on a regular day. if it's a hindi movie, i had catch it on SRS. if its an english movie... i had catch it at PVR Naraina.

Do people on this forum pay Rs. 5 or Rs. 10?

Rs. 10 for 2 hrs...don't really feel like aruguing with them :)

malls r the biggest looters!!

i think the government has planned a multi level parking near the malls in gurgaon. it would be to support the upcoming metro. should help control the mess.but then metro's own parking is controlled by private contractors i believe.

Back