Aircel India Mobile GPRS

• Thread starter Thread starter dhoni
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 92,411
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using Motorola Milestone on Android OS... I am unable to configure my Aircel GPRS. Called up the technical support at Aircel but surprisingly they dont know the technical know how of Android.... Can somebody please assist me?

aircel? i am using it on nexus one. just two settings. name: aircelapn: aircelgprs i think only the APN setting is required. u can put in any name.

aircel? i am using it on nexus one. just two settings.

name: aircel
apn: aircelgprs

i think only the APN setting is required. u can put in any name.

Thanx Admin! But I've tried with your settings earlier too but doesn't work... Wanted to know what would be in authentication... PAP or CHAP and also the type of APN?

well mcc value on my phone is 405 mnc value is 80. rest all are are you sure you have enabled GPRS on your aircel connection?

My default mcc & mnc value is 404 & 33 respectively...if i set the mcc value to 405 & mnc to 80.. the entire APN setting disappears.... And yes my GPRS is activated.

@ckk16 I have the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy Spica, and Believe me - Aircel Customer Care / GPRS Tech Support don't even know that the Handset exists :ishock:I am trying to juggle with the APN setting for over a month now! I'm on Aircel Postpaid BTW and these guys- the lesser said the betterBy entering Wap settings- I get the E Symbol but it's no good AFAIK as it gives access through myaircel.com crappy wap portal and the google a/c doesn't sign inTried to use the settings Admin suggested but the E-symbol dissapears....:evil: Tried all sort of tricks- reboot, remove sim and what not, as instructed by Aircel guysTried Settings from other sites- but no avail.@Admin- I cannot access GPRS by the settings you posted- also tried setting apn: aircelgprs.po (as Postpaid) proxy: 000.000.000.000 port: 0 - mentioned at android market support & others mentioned at xda forumAlso I think Aircel guys are confused between Aircel Wap and Aircel GPRS- they end up giving me Wap settings everytime.... i mean pocket internet and stuff - dunno how they differentiate. :ishock:Thanks to Airtel my connection works flawlessly with Mobile Office :smile:

i can only say strange. when i got my connection, it took the guy just 2 minutes to setup gprs on my nexus one. and it started working almost immediately. anyways. aircel is not very good when it comes to edge connectivity so its good that you took airtel instead. aircel also does not offer gprs on roaming. so that is another problem with it.

Thanx @ sudipt123 & admin!!!I took a bsnl conn for my Android..it jes took me a mnt to set it up & it's perfectly gprs...ing!!! And abt Aircel its better to lesser discuss it..the tech guys need to really update themselves!!! I'm also using blackberry/gprs in airtel..its fantastic & so is the tech suppot!!! "All good going to Airtel & BSNL"!!!

turned off by vodafone's expensive data charges, i am considering switching to aircel. have a few questions:can you use all apps on your smartphones? i am using an iPhone 3g and am stuck with limited usage with vodafone livehow is the network in mumbai? i live in dahisar and travel to malad for work. is aircel edge or gprs? will skype work?what are the starting costs to pick up a prepaid sim? i've read online its 97rps for the sim. has this changed?

i am using aircel on google nexus one. all apps work. i have not tried voip. speeds are mmm not very good. but then i have never used any other GPRS connection. i pay 98 bucks a month for supposedly unlimited internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back