• Thread starter Thread starter netguru1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 4,763

netguru1

Regular
ISP
Airtel
I just visited the Airtel CC on Cunningham Road in Bangalore. they have a 3G experience zone. They basically have a netbook with an Airtel 3G USB dongle attached to it. Surfing wise it didn't seem that fast. I went to speedtest.net to run speedtest results. Download: 1.1 mbps maxUpload: about 200 kbps Seems pretty slow for a 3G experience...I'm hoping they improve this before official launch. Right now that USB dongle has all the bandwidth it can take and still not even close to 3.2 mbps. With the number of 3G hoardings that are put up in city, I believe they'll launch 3G in about 2 weeks max.

heh. at 1.1mbps even cdma dongles are beating them.

With the number of 3G hoardings that are put up in city, I believe they'll launch 3G in about 2 weeks max.

yup.. i too noticed too many hoardings here and there (more than docomo 3G).. it maybe a Christmas gift.

Santa Claus's dress - Red & White
Airtel's new logo - Red & White

Mystery solved! Buahahaha... :D

Twitter

i guess the signal would be live in bangalore for them to showcase the demo on the move.

They are already having signal pretty much at all the major areas in Bangalore since couple of days.....but somehow I didn't like Airtel approach.

They have hoardings all over the city about Enjoy this and that on Airtel 3g without even launching the same or having any launch date communicated.

Back