Airtel 3G pan - India rollout will be in partnership with rivals

• Thread starter Thread starter farmboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 63
  • Views Views 17,227
My phone is detecting Airtel 3G signals already[Delhi]. I tried to get access to it, I got access to it. But, it just lasts for like 3 seconds, then it asks to manually select the signal(or whatever you may call it).sorry, wrong section -_-

yeap. folks in bangalore too are reporting seeing airtel 3g signals. this has been happening for a while now. the launch is pretty near. :)

yeap. folks in bangalore too are reporting seeing airtel 3g signals. this has been happening for a while now. the launch is pretty near. :)

will they launch their 3G services in haryana?

airtel cannot launch their services in haryana. they do not have the license to do that.

either way no operator can beat BSNL 3G price tag.

well BSNL is a sarkari company that can go on a suicide mission knowing that they have the government to bail them out in case of a financial crisis. that does not mean that if they are offering cheaper services, it is pretty cool for all of us. if the company makes losses, it is us who would pay for the bailout in the end... and that would cost us much more than what it would for them to run a profitable venture.

By the way, I'm an Airtel mobile user, still don't wish to praise them for their service quality and reliability. Waiting for number portability. :)

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

well BSNL is a sarkari company that can go on a suicide mission knowing that they have the government to bail them out in case of a financial crisis.

that does not mean that if they are offering cheaper services, it is pretty cool for all of us.

if the company makes losses, it is us who would pay for the bailout in the end... and that would cost us much more than what it would for them to run a profitable venture.

hehehe.. i liked that post.. that's very true.. but for a customer, price does matter..

well... looking at the bigger picture... an unprofitable sarkari company is a problem for all of us. at least the tax paying folks around. :)

airtel cannot launch their services in haryana. they do not have the license to do that.

but they are saying that they are talking with other operators to launch Airtel's 3G pan India.

oh that is likely to happen eventually. but in the near future? unlikely. all the companies would want to launch in their own circles first before letting other players use their network in these circles. :D

Back