Airtel 98 rupee Edge plan to offer 650MB data with 21 day validity now

• Thread starter Thread starter lubob
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 63
  • Views Views 9,924
Yes that is for postpaid for prepaid subscribers its Rs 97.
But there is a catch here is 97 plan, On PI 97, the speed will be reduced
upto 32 Kbps after 2 GB of usage

I am gonna port out of Airtel to Aircel as my 3G data exprires from 1st Jan

Aircel Pocket Internet - Aircel Andhra Pradesh Aircel Value Added Services

Indeed, we are cursed !

think twice before joining aircel, you will get speed like 32 kbps even for first 2GB, and u wont be able to cross 2 GB in a month.

im using aircel 2g 98 plan i get download speeds of 10-25kb per sec depending on the area..i finish 2gb in 1week

Called up Airtel Complaint for some issue. At the end of the call he told me there is new plan unlimited 2G @ 149 pm. (This is Chennai)

I m sure they shud have mentioned about speed reducing to 10-25% of the "Original 2G" speed once u hit a certain metered level of about 100-200 MB!

Hmm.. I should have asked that. But as such he did not offer information, and I sort of closed the conversation by stating not interested.

heh. typical airtel. 2GB data followed by unlimited usage at 40kbps for 149 bucks.

from airtel's website :

Lolz. But they still have the 98 Rs. 1 GB plan? I think that is pretty fine enuf.In fact, i noticed 1 good thing about Airtel......people knowing northern parts of Mumbai, wud have also heard of the Ghodbunder road. It connects Borivali with Thane......it basically has ghats around. Now Vodafone network had gone dumb there, and my fone was labelled "Switched Off". Whereas Airtel network was full, and i was able to connect using it.This is another occasion where i have found their network better than VF.

Frankly speaking all operators are playing hard as "ONE BIG BLACK HOLE" in Indian Communication Services Growth, Whats the use of all those hi-tech devices when you can become bankrupt by using the 3G services, still you get pathetic speeds as compared to other developing countries.

Operators offer 3G plans, mostly on low entry price, cause speeds in actual are 30-40% of its actual possible speeds.
they offer crap speeds after a few initial GB's cause they are scared of heavy users without considering that there are people who don't download CRAP using torrent but one can be in need of bandwidth for legitimate use, but who cares, CAP THEM ALL.

whats the use of 10GB Dropbox or google drive or any other offsite cloud when you don't have the Bandwidth to upload to it.

Whats the use of Latest Devices like Galaxy Camera when your operator will cap you after first few pics.
A normal 10+ Megapixel cam would make a file or 5MB atleast, so having clicking and syncing initial 50 pics you won't be able to upload them due to UNLIMITED Use policy, cause speed would make any damn device beg you to disconnect it and let it live.

Same is going on with many voice plans these days
1). Tariff of Rs.30+ you get reduced call rates after initial 120 seconds of the day which would bug you with additional Rs.1.8 per day, making the tariff applicable price to be
Rs.30+50.4(28 days x 1.8) = Rs.80.4
2). you get looted with incoming calls during roaming, if not data plan alone, you would also regret picking up your Fav. caller during roaming.
3). tariff entry charged at premium price, still you pay 3-4 times the applicable price if you dare to call between evening times.

Lastly I think some day India's Cellular Joke would take shape as

call to customer care:-
Operator: Hello how can i help you ?
user: I have a tariff to call my family and friends @10p/minute still I got deducted for Rs.10 for last 9 min call.
Operator: let me check
user: OK waiting
Operator: Sir you made the call while you were in toilet, our intelligent system doesn't allows this, so we deducted Rs.2 for toilet plan.
user: WTF

Another call would sound like

Operator: WTF, Hello how can i help you ?
user: I was driving and moved away from my home locality and suddenly my outgoing call was charged @ Rs.5/mins. and my balance of Rs.101 become ZERO
Operator: let me check.............
user: ok now what
Operator: Sir do you know using phone while driving is a offense so we deducted Rs.50 as a penalty, Rs.5 per minute as you moved 3 km's from your home tower range which costs us money to move your stupid call to another tower. while remaining balance was deducted for this call to customer care......

Another call
Operator: Hello how can i help you ?
user: I was on facebook free plan and suddenly got disconnect now I am unable to go online.
operator: let me check WTF you did...
user: ok waiting
operator: hello you were caught clicking too many likes on the FB, this activity is restricted, you were also uploading pics to FB, this causes Jam on our network and is considered heavy use, so we disabled your plan and deducted all money.
User: but then what is unlimited facebook plan ???
Operator: our usage is like you go to Shopping Mall, you even see BMW, but you don't buy or go inside the showroom to have a seat in it, or take it out for test drive, so we intend our customers similarly go to facebook but don't click anything which is network resource heavy, and do window shopping/Reading and come back, this way you will always have UNLIMITED.

Back