Airtel: Address verification for landline phones?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 8,750
exactly. on a train you have no need to show your address proof :D your PAN card is a perfectly fine identification proof. it has your photo!

I was travelling in a area, where PAN doesn't matter due to high crime rate.They considered License or ID proof. Heard of Kaushambiz? had some of my life's worse experiences thr :|

My tenant in Bangalore applied for a Airtel landline and they accepted the rent agreement + water/electricity bill as address proof. If it is your own house you can try giving them a copy of the property tax receipt and utility bills.

Hah forget abt ur own bill, I applied for an airtel broadband+landline and didn't have any address proof as I had shifted to a new place. The marketing guy said not to worry and he submitted a lease agreement by giving my address. He had asked me to confirm the same once the Airtel folks call me for the confirmation.

^ All those address and identity proof checks have been put in place to ensure that these media are not used for criminal activity and if they have then it can be tracked back to the criminal.If the Airtel mktg guy is bypassing that and flouting the law, he is only helping criminal activity, terrorism, etc. You may be legitimate but now you know the loophole available for the wrong people. Now will you do something about it or just take advantage and when there is a terrorist incident in future we can all keep ranting about how the cops are useless, govt. is useless etc.

My tenant in Bangalore applied for a Airtel landline and they accepted the rent agreement + water/electricity bill as address proof. If it is your own house you can try giving them a copy of the property tax receipt and utility bills.

Airtel gave me a DSL connection with telephone last at the beginning of this month on the basis of the rent agreement only. I don't see why anything else should be needed.

Anyway, all these ID/address proof etc things are weird - my Bank wouldn't accept my driving license as sufficient ID proof and asked me to submit a cheque linked to an account which has my name!

They are happy with the Airtel bill as the address proof, but won't take the rent lease agreement on the basis of which the telephone connection was given!!!

Back