Airtel AirFiber Review

• Thread starter Thread starter Crane
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 2,473
ISP
Airtel Airfiber 40mbps plan ,WiFi only plan
I live in Mumbai and my building has broadband mafia from local isp ,they were asking 2600₹ just to shift my connection from 10th floor to 5th floor

And they were charging 800₹ a month for 100mbps unlimited connection

So due to this i went with Airtel Airfiber
They have removed there Airfiber booking page but if u enter ur details in regular fiber they and ask for Airfiber they will give u That then

I choose to get the 40mbps plan ,which usually consists of DTH and OTT but i told the guy that i dont have a Tv so i dont need DTH to which he said okay hojaega

He charged me 3536₹ for 6months 40Mbps unlimited (2mbps after 1TB) which is still better than Jio’s 64kbps after 1TB

i get the connection installed on my bedroom window and they gave a wifi 6 router which has a pon port too i guess they give the same to gigabit customers maybe?

But anyways the Wifi is setup and working fine
They say 40mbps i typically get around 42mbps down and 40mbps up

Tbh I’m really surprised with the stability of the connection

I play Bgmi on my iPad and this pings are stable at 30-40ms all the time

Doesn’t even feel like a wireless connection

The problems i face for now is I can’t get the airfiber login in the airtel thanks app ,so idk how much data I’m using

Source

They show usage for airfiber connections in app? Coz they don't for fiber. 🤷🏼

I mean i just wanna know if I’m under 1TB or not
Idk if they show i have not used Airtel’s service before

don't think they show data usage in app.

how much approx distance it will be to the nearest tower? and is there clear line of sight between ODU and airtel tower?

@Smh

How do i reply its my first time on this forum so idk if it’s replying to you or not

And about the tower thing
There are two 2 5G towers nearby
1 has a almost clear line of sight while other has a few obstacles in between ie metro pillars and tracks

1st tower is about 500mt away
2nd tower is about 750mt away

I can’t fully confirm if the 1st tower is owned by airtel or not
2nd i verified by tarang sanchar but it hasn’t been updated since 2022

Reactions: Smh
Just reply with or without mentioning me @

Usually this type of device requires clear line of sight for best performance, good it's working for you.

i see thanks

yes im genuinely surprised from the performance of it ,if they offer new plans
like 200mbps 3.3tb at 999rs i might as well upgrade to it in future
as airtel ceo said they are deploying SA now and the best use of SA would be having FWA devices

but idk why did Airtel remove the Airfiber booking page

@Crane I'm using Airtel Airfiber for past 5 months now and there is no way to get the usage details, only thing you can do(which I do) is to call the person who came during verification of documents and ask him to ask to local control office to get the usage details

Do you have login? On airtel thanks app, and can you change the plan on it

@Smh my ODU is in straight line almost 1km from the tower and in between there are trees but I'm able to get 95-105MBPS up and 90-100MBPS down almost all the time. I won't say that every time I get 100 as it'll be a lie but even it's a very bad weather like thunderstorm or lets say during evening time I get 85-90mbps, so I won't it's absolutely perfect but it's doing good for me

Last edited:

Back