Airtel AirFiber Review

• Thread starter Thread starter Crane
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 2,473
I swear bro when i first got jio

I had come from docis hathway 100mbps to fiber jio 100mbps

I swear to fucking bhagwaan i had so soo much happiness when getting fibre installed

Until a few days later when i realise that even loading instagram takes additional 5seconds due to the DPI

Later a YouTuber told me that its DPI stopping you

Speed test on LAN

Source

Packet loss India 1080p Geforcenow

Source

Buffer bloat on LAN

Buffer bloat on iPad Air 2020 which supports Wi-Fi 6

usual blocking for torrent sites are there, but nothing like DPI which slows down the overall experience
VPN seem to work fine too
One thing to note : Wi-Fi calling on my phone suffers a bit as the ping keeps fluctuating a lot maybe that's the reason why Wi-Fi calling is struggling

Thank you for pocketless test. It is not as zero as actual fiber but few drops won't hamper the experience.
can you check and tell the ASN by going to bgp.he.net ?

yes, exactly.
they are using Bharti Mobility for AirFiber not AS24560(which is Stream Fiber) , which is good, congestion in their core network won't hamper home broadband connections.

speedtest at different times

1:25pm
6:04pm
8:34pm

Also something to note i live near a major traffic intersection where approximately 150-200 cars cross ,and at extreme peak this can cross 300 cars (stuck at once place for like 15min) going towards one Direction ,and not to mention two major metro stations intersecting

Both are super busy stations (not as busy as the virar local) but doing 5g speedtest on phone gives roughly 20mbps at such time when i did the speedtest on both the stations

Source

@PUNNY

Thanks @Crane ,downloading speed is consistent, uploading is decent too considering it is airfiber and all other factors mentioned by you.

How much gb do you use in a month?

It’s been a first month in Airfiber so I’m being careful although i still watch 4k YouTube

Typical home usage is 700-900gb a month

Gamer centric would be 1.2-1.5TB a month

Its been a 1 month of using Airtel Airfiber 40mbps plan

I have tried to track my data usage on my pc i used about 250gb ,on phone i used roughly 100gb ish ,my sister and parents have roughly 200gb or usage

Well under 1TB (40mbps itself is not that fast ,so depleting 1TB is slow as compared to 100mbps or 200mbps plans)

Now even after a month after installation i still dont have the login in Airtel thanks ,it just fails to recognise i use Airtel services

This problem is specific to me only or something idk

Source

Back