Airtel AirFiber Router IP and DNS Settings Locked: A Frustrating Experience

ISP
Act, Jio Fiber
Airtel-AirFiber-Installation-3.png

I recently started using Airtel AirFiber, which comes with the Nokia Beacon 2 router, and I’ve run into an unexpected issue that’s frustrating, to say the least. The router is completely locked, meaning you can’t change the IP address or the DNS settings. All the important settings in the admin panel are greyed out, leaving no room for customization.

Airtel-router.jpg

Since I couldn’t change the IP address or DNS settings on the Nokia Beacon 2 router that comes with Airtel AirFiber, I decided to use an alternative approach. I connected my Asus router to the Airtel router, and it worked seamlessly.
Asus-Airtel-router-scaled.jpg

If anyone finds a solution to unlock the Airtel router, it will be great beneficial to many users.

Nokia beacon router is surprisingly pretty powerful. Similar to my Asus RT AX 86U in range and even throughput. For DNS, set manually in each device. DO NOT use another router like this without bridge as it;ll cause double NAT and increased latency. A onther option is to use external PoE adapter for outdoor esim unit and then using own router

Yeah, the Nokia Beacon is a powerful router, but the sad thing is that everything is locked. Connecting another router doesn’t make that much difference—only increases latency by about 0.5 to 1 ms.

Back