Airtel BB Down for the last 5 days.

@phoenix10386 maybe they removed some towers or tranceivers to save costs or even deployed them elsewhere? Anything can happen with these Cos. Has there been any marked increase in vehicular or pedestrian traffic in your area, any new high rises?

Speaking from Airtel point of view..

There used to be a tower 700 metres North of my place, and another over 1 km South. Apparently, there is a tower about 400 m East of my place as well, making that tower the nearest. The locations of these towers is according to Tarang Sanchar portal.

Problem is, my Android shows it is always connecting to the tower that is 700 metres N of my place. ALWAYS. Same for the iPhone.

I am beyond baffled as to why wouldn't it pick the tower that is 400 m E of my place.. that should be the closest tower, and according to Tarang Sanchar, it is 2G and 4G enabled.

The point is, that I started getting those great speeds from the same tower (700 m N) that is now down to what it used to be previously, 5-15 Mbps. Situation does not improve outside. I am thinking we have a situation of overloaded towers and bandwidth being spread too thin. I can't help wonder what would happen if somehow my phone were to connect to the closer tower.

About foot and vehicular traffic, no. High rise.. there is one, that is standing between our society and the tower that is 400 metres East of my place, but that building was nearly complete when I was getting those great speeds a few months ago.

When Airtel and Jio received spectrum, I did see CA in both Jio and Airtel on my devices, and speeds improved. Jio was consistently around d35 Mbps, Airtel was more, 45-50 average and touching 80 at night. But, that bliss lasted only a month or two. Neither do I get good speed in the area, nor do I get CA now, on both Airtel and Jio. Something has definitely changed.

Last edited:

Source

😁😁😁😁

@Lolita_Magnum I asked their CC they said they are still finalizing 1 Gbps fup but they have 9000 GB fup on their 600 Mbps plan. 4500 GB on their 300 Mbps plan, 4000 GB on 250 Mbps plan & 3500 GB on 200 Mbps plan. I wish we had similar fup here 😭

Also isn't using Tata & Airtel transit costs them more? On an interview with their company guy he mentioned they have to pay few dollars (forgot exactly how much) per Mbps transit from Tata, Airtel etc. And they have 300 Gbps+ links (each ISP) even this was a 2021 report when they only had up to 100 Mbps connections. So technically they might have moved up to 1 Tbps uplink. Anyways I've noticed that Airtel, Tata etc. Are also making good money by this wow. But I'll definitely appreciate everything. Hope we grow here too.

"total internet penetration has reached 116.91% (as per NTA)." how internet penetration can reach greater than 100%? I've heard they provide services to even remote villages. They have fibers going through electricity poles.

Last edited:
This is one of the better tests. 🥲

8495570782.png

At times, where Comcast has upgraded 3Gbps customers to 6Gbps for free. I doubt, 1Tbps actually costs a lot.

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz! :sleep: And that's Airtel response on the upgrade to 1 Gbps...more than 24 hours after I spoke to the call center rep. These guys are such dorks. Moving slowly even if it means losing money. Response times to 1 Gig is 💩...a repeat of '21. They must be looking for a router. Idiots.

TPBB? Within in 2 hours.

Jio received permission to install cables in my colony back in Apr but it got delayed due to some infra issue i.e. a tower relocation on the main road near my place. Rep said 2 more months but I feel it may be much more. So I am not holding my breath.

Airtel? Yeah a REAL bloody bunch of slow pokes. Deja vu 2021 :unsure:

Back