Airtel Binatone Modem DT850W faulty

ISP
Airtel
I have taken a new Airtel Broad Band connection 4Mbps-25GB last week. The modem supplied by airtel under the free wifi scheme is faulty and does not connect to the internet. In fact, the wifi signal is working and I am able to see the device in my android phone.
The technician who came to solve the problem replaced the modem and installed a new firmware. It just connected to the internet and once he switched off the modem and switched it on again the modem was not connecting to the DSL and no internet.
The technician did not know where is the issue and told me there must be a power problem.
I did not buy it and I reasoned with him that the modem is powering on and the wifi is also working demonstrating that my android phone is showing the wifi device and hence there is no power issues. Also, I have two Airtel DTH set top boxes working absolutely great for the past one year and there is no power issue.
Hence there must be a issue related to the firmware he applied on the modem or the modem itself.
The service technician went off saying he will report back to airtel about it as he is not able to resolve. But to my surprise close the ticket with the reason - Customer advised to rectify power problem issue.
I spoke to 121 and reopened the case. Till now no calls / attempts to rectify the problem.
Wanted to find out if any of the new users have got similar issues and guide me how do I get this solved.
Update : 26-09-2013
The complaint nos with Airtel are as follows :
38891640 dt.22-09-2013 - closed (without resolution)
38895644 dt.23-09-2013 - closed (without resolution)
39002080 dt.24-09-2013 - open
I am still waiting for a resolution from Airtel. I am confident that they will close the open ticket no.39002080 without a resolution with some comments - customer advised to......, customer to log one more call etc.,
Looks like Airtel's SLA has an internal SLA "If SLA is not met then close the ticket and ask the customer to reopen the same"
Further updates to follow :

Buddy that's not a faulty modemor firmware..Just a small setting change is required. All you have to do is open your modem settings and under Interface setup tab go to wireless settings and change SSID no. from 1 to 2. Its radio button and click Save button.

Doesn't work. Tried that. I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with the wi-fi..otherwise..will have to call them up..they just installed the connection today morning..and my phone cant connect to the wi-fi...i think the router's crap...useless..
Btw..Venkatesan M...you posted this back on 23 September 2013...bn almost 4 months..did you find a solution?

Back