Airtel Black - Claiming OTT Benefits

• Thread starter Thread starter kgauswami
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,156
ISP
Airtel Fiber
Recently, I have opted for the Airtel Black plan priced at 1099 + GST.

Prior to this, I was using the Airtel Fiber 200 Mbps ARP one year plan, which included benefits such as Hotstar and Prime Video.

However, upon switching to the Black plan, I was unaware that my benefits would be cancelled.

Is there a way to revert to a prepaid plan?

Also, how long do we need to wait before cancelling the Black plan?

I have already paid for a year for the ARP 200 Mbps plan. Will I get a refund or have that amount converted to a prepaid plan?

I have the same Black plan and I got Hotstar(as per plan), Prime 1 year, Apollo 1 year and Xstream Play unlimited.

I am not able to get you at the one year ARP part. How did you pay one year ARP for Black? As far as I know Black is only billed monthly.

Sorry for the confusion

Previously I had 1 year ARP plan of Airtel Fiber with 200 Mbps , so in that i have done yearly recharge.

During that time i have claimed both Hotstar and Prime Video. ( Around 7 days ago )

And yesterday only i have got the Airtel black plan so customer representative informed that my ARP balance will be adjusted in my black plan bill.

But as per them i am not eligible as I have already claimed Hotstar and Prime video last week.

Did you lose Prime or Hotstar membership? Because, Hotstar membership is valid as long as you have an eligible plan, and Prime will be valid for an year after claiming it (no idea about changing to Black or vice versa though).

Since Hotstar validity is plan based and Black plans are definitely eligible for it, you can contact support again and ask them to enable it, if you lost access.

I have lost access to both Prime membership and Hotstar.

I have tried calling 3 times but

First time they have mentioned that you will not get these benefits since i have already claimed when i was non black customer and

Second time they mentioned i have to wait 24 hours and after 24 hours i have called again so

Third time they mentioned the same thing as first time.

I was not aware that i would lose my existing benefits because i have used those OTT claims for 7 days only so thats why i just wanted to ask in this thread if i could do anything about it.

Airtel cc is extremely disoriented imo and everyone talks like they operate on their own. I'll suggest you to call them again and ask them to escalate this since D+HS mentions "Validity as per plan" .

As for prime, I have no idea since you have technically claimed it as an one off option. But Hotstar is valid as long as you have the plan.

never opt for the black plan if you want OTT benefits.
there is a major difference between black and other postpaid plans.
when you move to the Black plan, you get OTT benefits only for a limited period. whereas if you are on a prepaid plan the benefit will be there till you are on the same plan.
You can try moving to the older plan that should restore your OTT benefits.

@imdarkray I want to switch back to prepaid again but I guess i have to wait 3 months as per their T&C else they will charge for Hardware and Installation.

Currently they have told me installation was free but I have not received my first bill yet so not too sure. If possible can you tell me what are the charges gets mentioned in first bill?

Back