Airtel Broadband 4 mbps plan reviews

• Thread starter Thread starter narang9192
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 9,948
Ya, it may be the best Speed plan currently but the Fair Usage Policy on it Sucks, Airtel should Remove the Fair Usage Policy, make it Unlimited and provide it at Rs.999 per month, then it would be the best broadband plan in India.:inodding:

@Abhi21 Surely you've seen in other threads in which I've posted *why* you can not get any unlimited plans at 2mbit/s or above at Rs999 yet.Simple economics. At current prices for wholesale and local loop, this price to the end customer is simply not possible at this time. End of story.

^^ Doesnt airtel own the cables ?

^^ Doesnt airtel own the cables ?

They are on the SMW4, EIG (Europe-India) and I-ME-WE (India, Middle East, Europe) consortiums, and own i2i (Chennai-Singapore). They also own several other cables between Asia (not India) and the USA. (AAG, SJC and Unity).

And they own about 1.2 lakh KM of backhaul within India.

But these cables weren't exactly free to build, so the theory goes that it still costs them something on a per-GB basis. Maybe 50% of what it costs me, who knows.

This may be of some assistance: How is India connected to the Internet? | Asian Correspondent

But they own very little local loop fiber or copper, and thus I can estimate that this would be of fairly significant cost to them.

Ya, it may be the best Speed plan currently but the Fair Usage Policy on it Sucks, Airtel should Remove the Fair Usage Policy, make it Unlimited and provide it at Rs.999 per month, then it would be the best broadband plan in India.:inodding:
LOL fro my side :)

why not ask for a 10mbps Unlimited plan for Rs. 999 per month?
why mb. why not GB :D

@Abhi21 Surely you've seen in other threads in which I've posted *why* you can not get any unlimited plans at 2mbit/s or above at Rs999 yet.

Simple economics. At current prices for wholesale and local loop, this price to the end customer is simply not possible at this time. End of story.

Airtel CC said they are going to introduce new 4mbps Unlimited economical plan within 1-2 months . anybody having any idea about this plan?

Airtel CC said they are going to introduce new 4mbps Unlimited economical plan within 1-2 months . anybody having any idea about this plan?

It won't be at Rs999, and it won't be unlimited unlimited. I'll ask my account manager at Airtel what the deal is ;)

Guys currently iam on airtel turbo 1299 plan just got this a day back switched from bsnl which i have been using for past 5years. Now iam planing to switch to 1399 airtel plan which as 4mbps speed i would like to no the call details in it is it cheaper than normal bsnl connection the pluse rate in it is 1sec is it better or pulse rate in turbo1299 which is 180sec or bsnl which one is better

Back