airtel broadband being criticized for wrongly calculating data transfer

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 6,303
Well see there are methods to check your usage! You either use a program like Networx if you are on XP or if you are on Windows 7 they have something called Network Meter Gadget! How come NO ONE mentions data discrepancies based on one of these programs or some other program proving the fact or point?! Also if there are multiple computers, or a computer and a laptop, oh and/or a wifi phone, those are different devices and the data is calculated separately for each, in case anyone didn't know that fact that is, and the program will have to be installed on both to know the total usage, and in fact it has the facility to do even that, so that even you can prove your point to Airtel or whichever Service Provider and sue for compensation, if your statements hold true! Otherwise we'll all just be claiming, proclaiming or assuming with no proof to show or stand by our words, and in a court of Law that is what matters to them!Firstly, let me give you the clear picture! Download AND Upload is calculated! Correct? Streaming Videos is also data. Those of you who keep your torrent program or steam program on startup programs list are running it in the background if you see it on your task bar, and you won't know when it is downloading if you are away from your system and it happens to do so! And if it is torrents, as long as the program is open it will continue to seed as long as files are in the program and running, so that is data that will also be calculated, or if there were some Windows Updates or anti-virus program updates involved! So this is the ONLY possibility, if at all, that can explain that amount of data transfer in a reasonably few number of days! Other than that ask the ISP if they are calculating according to bill cycle date or the beginning date of the month and check your usage accordingly! That way they can be Caught Red-Handed if any discrepancies are found and can be sued in a Consumer Court or Court of Law, providing you double-checked the above and have Valid and visible Proof! That would be more sensible in fact!@raj and kattu: Lol Man, you guys, so you'll are now badmouthing Reliance to get customers to stay away and save it from getting F'd Up P'cied eh?! haha You Sly Foxes!(Take it in jest buds, mean no harm) Admin note this point! hee hee... I totally understand though, like how sometimes if someone get's something good they won't want to share that even! lol! Have the cake and eat it all, lol... Oh and eventually throw up! Even I didn't like the fact that Airtel used to say that hardly a week into the month and already FUP limit reached, that's why I didn't want a plan that has FUP and that's where BSNL saved the day lol! As for Reliance, come on man we know the freakin' drill! Get CC number, get a sales guy number and call and call till you get the connection, IF they have it in your area that is. But have to admit though that those numb nuts take too freaking long to even know where their own fcuking connections are available or not! One reason could be they're trying to push some other product of theirs like Wimax or Netconnect?!Usually a company should see which product it has best and try to promote that and take advantage of its efficiency, rather here we see companies always putting down their best products and promote the shittiest of them all. Case in point, though slightly off topic is Honda Unicorn! and on topic is Reliance Wired Broadband! lol How long is it going to take to get some freakin educated CC guys and technical guys and get the job done! It seems they have different contract workers for each area and these are the guys who will delay the process like hell! Any old Tom, Dick and Hari will be an agent, so he won't know what the fcuk he's talking about or who to contact to get the job done, only promise the customer and get the cheque, and since they have terrible lack of communication between the whole unit, they screw up big time and add to the customer's already aggravated woes and limited level of patience! Yeah everything sometimes seem just like the freakin working of a municipality or government with too many unnecessary procedures!

Always use a network meter to calculate your internet usage. I use DU Meter. Dont blindly say i wouldn't have crossed 5 GB but i got FUPed.

@michshu.....sly fox..me..thx...lol

Hmmm how did u post the pic? I would have posted an image of the Networx layout(which is somewhat similar to the above), but it says enter link instead of browse to the location?! Does the program allow to collect the information of all PCs on the network? Networx program has that facility if installed on each and the interface actually shows better graphical and text representation. I would have shown that with 512 kbps itself it is easy to touch 15 GB in three days because the data is calculated as Both Download and Upload!You should have posted Daily Report Raj so that people can see to believe that it is in fact possible to finish the FUP in no time! Mine once in just three days showed Total(Download and Upload)27th- 5.47GB ,28th- 7.43GB, and 29th- 5.08GB = nearly 18 GB! So trust me 25 GB limit is a piece of cake or rather a morsel if it is 1mbps or more connection!

^ Guys, do you think this 'DU Meter' or any other similar client side usage details calculators are accurate?

The thing is... a friend of mine is on BSNL broadband limited plan and uses 'DU Meter' to monitor his usage. At the end of the month, 'DU Meter' always shows much higher usage than BSNL portal. Have any of you experienced this?

@raj2007: Does your "DU Meter" usage data tally with that of Reliance usage portal's?

2-5 GB+ difference is there. It gives a approximate usage details. I dont bother if DU shows extra usage.

My local chemist store changed their no from airtel to mtnl few months back, i asked them why they changed the no, they said they don't trust airtel, they used to always get charged for calls they never made and now they are happy after moving to mtnl.

I recently got Rs499 rental plan from retention dept where i get Rs 450 calls free, when i got my bill i was charged the rental + the calls i made, i did not get any discount, registered a complaint, got call back from their billing dept rep who told me that free calls were only for airtel to airtel and calls to other networks were charged normally,
told retention to disconnect the line and they told me that free calls were for all networks and not just airtel to airtel and i have now received refund for the extra amount i was charged, can't say if the billing dept guy who called me made a genuine mistake or purposely lied/misled me because its very difficult to trust airtel these days .

Now after all this^ , this month i again got double my usual bill because they changed my plan to Rs1299 from Rs 499 which i never asked for, almost every month i have some billing issue with them.

lmao i have dl'ed\upl'ed more than 10 gb but airtel portal shows 4.5 gb

Honestly guys 15gb is not that much. If you watch a lot of youtube like me you will understand and i am not supporting airtel. FUP sucks.

Back