Airtel Broadband blocking torrents and file sharing services

• Thread starter Thread starter ronscores
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 906
  • Views Views 184,084
https://imgur.com/JaOft

Pastebin is still blocked. Baffling.

try 2 or 3 times. sometimes it connects after few tries. it looks like if the blocking server is overloaded, the request gets passed through !

Does any one have an idea till when Airtel is going to enforce these blocks? As per the article which appeared in Hindu, this was promoted by the producers of "3" (kolaveri movie) and some other Telugu movie. It's been a while since then, and the bloody "blocked as per court order" message is starting to get on my nerves :(

is imgur.com blocked by airtel/reliance??

not working on hns, changing to google dns works

Works here with Airtel.

Now working here too.This blocking/censorship stuff has spread so much,that if a site does not works, that's the first thing comes to mind

imgur works fine for me. I've had it with these blocks and have resorted to using Tor & SwitchySharp extension for Chrome (there are probably similar extensions for Opera & Firefox as well). Just enter the desired URLs in the "Switch Rules" box, enable "auto switch mode" and it should start magically working. Took me all of 3 minutes to set up.

The site is gizmodo and the embedded video is from vimeo, it seems from the html source:

The supreme court takes offense to me watching Yo-yo videos?
I know how to circumvent these stupid blocks but sometimes these fools just mildly annoy me.

^Either the supreme court are morons, or the person administering the list at either the SC or the ISPs is lazy, or someone has "forgotten" to take the subdomain player.vimeo.com off the block list. Or it may be a combination of all of the above.*Apparently* the copyright group only asked for individual URL blocks, but some genius decided to simply block the whole domain, thus causing havoc. Frankly I'm fed up with this sort of BS being pulled already - both as a customer and as a budding business person who just happens to be trying to break in to the telecom industry.If I had even a modicum of power, heads would be rolling right about now, or, to paraphrase Jeremy Clarkson: they should be taken out and shot in front of their families.

Back