Airtel Broadband blocking torrents and file sharing services

• Thread starter Thread starter ronscores
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 906
  • Views Views 184,083
Ah, it never worked for me. Perhaps, bsnl ips were banned then . Used to give a strange error message.

Ah, it never worked for me. Perhaps, bsnl ips were banned then . Used to give a strange error message.

worked just fine for me,never had a problem.

anyway,i can't understand the logic of blocking it,yes,it's run by the link-removed guys, but it's an image hosting site like any other,what difference will it's blocking make to file-sharing ?? :stupid:

errr and what does this mean ??

"This website/URL has been blocked until further notice either pursuant to Court orders or on the Directions issued by the Department of Telecommunications"

i mean they have no idea who or if any block has been ordered ?? !!:confused:

isps in India make me seriously sick. :|

Its not opening for me(MTNL). I just get a blank page, not even the blocked message.

anyway,i can't understand the logic of blocking it,yes,it's run by the link-removed guys, but it's an image hosting site like any other,what difference will it's blocking make to file-sharing ?? :stupid:

Maybe Airtel is afraid someone will upload movies frame-by-frame :thinking:
Seriously though, WTF is going on?

Its not opening for me(MTNL). I just get a blank page, not even the blocked message.

Same here on HNS

worked just fine for me,never had a problem.

Probably somebody uploaded a funny cartoon of Kapil Sibal :D

The court may have ordered the ISPs to block these sites if they do not remove content ordered to be removed by the Indian court

Funny thing is even couple of domain auction sites are blocked. These sites are not even involved anyway in content sharing...but some sites hosting the banned content may be listed for sale so the Indian court would have probably ordered them to be removed.

Sedo - The world's leading domain marketplace
Buy Premium Domain Names, Available Internet & Web Domain Names For Sale

"This website/URL has been blocked until further notice either pursuant to Court orders or on the Directions issued by the Department of Telecommunications"

i had been planning to do it for a long time now. finally ordered a paid VPN account. suck of airtel and their throttling and blocks. that's the only thing i can fix. 640 bucks per month in addition to 2400 what i already pay airtel for their internet services. freaks.
Don't you have a dedicated server? just up your own tunnel. its not that difficult.

server is based in usa. adds too much lag to the connectivity. i am currently accessing the net through a singapore ip which i guess works better because airtel routes through there. :|

Back