Airtel Broadband: Configuring QOS in Beetel 450 BXI

• Thread starter Thread starter sugandh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 9,627

sugandh

ISP
airtel
Hi Guys,I have a 256kbps Airtel broadband connection. I am using a beetel 450 BXI with upgraded firmware. I am using Aztec IP 150 IP Phone and i have 4 PC's in my network. But my IP phone has a time lag of around 5 sec during the conversation. I need to configure QOS in my Beetel 450 BXI such that my IP phone should get the more priority in the network so that the time lag will not be there. Pls help me regarding this.:)

Hi Sugandh,Were you able to configure QoS in the same router; Please tell me how you did it? Thanks..

With 4 PC's and I Phone In wifi mode 256Kbps speed is not sufficient. ( each system takes 64Kbps B/W)Switch off 3 computers and check.Are you using iPhone to dial a number via computer ?QOS settings will not help in this case. I think.

Thanks for the reply essbebe, welll I am using very low speed of 128kbps. This is more than enough for one user using a yahoo video chat; but not for more than one. I just want to limit the bandwith to other user in my network. Say give max 20kbps to other user. IS this manageable with Beetel 450 BXI.

Back