Airtel Broadband : Data Transfer light keeps blinking

• Thread starter Thread starter ankuj2004
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,225

ankuj2004

ISP
airtel broadband
Hi!!!I am using Beetel 440 Txi router. i have one PC connected through jack to it. From past few days the led's just above the port keeps blinking showing that some data is being transferred but in reality I am downloading nothing. The light starts blinking as soon as i switch on the PC. I have tried searching for Trojans and rootkit but to no use.

Your computer has to be infected, else an operating system wouldn't transfer any data except maybe keep the line open. Open "Task Manager" in Windows and check the "Networking" tab for any activity, and if it does show anything, go to the "Processes" tab and sort by "CPU" usage and you can make out which process is doing all the data transfer by seeing the CPU usage.If you cant make out, then take 5 screenshots, one every second, and post it here. Someone here will help you out.

windows 7 has resmon while vista also has a similar resource manager. that can show which application is connecting to the net to transfer data.

I am guessing you have windows 7 since it happens to me as well, but on further investigation it appears to be some setting in W7 which is causing the light to blink.... I haven't found any problem till now.

It could also be some kind of automatic update,If you are using XP Zone alarm has the feature that tells you which program is accessing the internet, check that out.

I am using xp. Evene before windows load as soon as i switch it on the light starts blinking. Tried using netlimiter but it was of no use Even the task manager does not shows any activity.

Mention your modem/model make.
Copy/paste this data here ( No EDIT)\start RUn type cmd Ok
new window
type ipconfig /all

From Modem/router post as screen shot or give details here.
snr ATTN/Line speed /Rate and Mod mode selected.
( see under Statistics ADSL )

Back