Airtel Broadband Fraud by generating a monthly bill of 35K.

• Thread starter Thread starter Prerna
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 10,322
Well wait till they round the bill 1L.. :P Jokes apart, did you visit airtel branch with your grievance? This amount is too crazy for dealing in calls... Talk to manager there...

well you can go to consumer court but they are like any court and will cost money as well as time [ though not as much], go on the offensive now , i hope you have documented every email from them regarding this, land up at the nearest head office of airtel in your city and bang the regional manager's head in, on a side note hire a lawyer[ this will be cheap] just to send them a notice of wrong full billing and also casing harassment , BEFORE you get legal notice which you will, but the legal notice from airtel hardly amounts to anything as it will be a civil notice the proceeding in itself can take years just to start , but if you send a notice to airtel their legal rep has to present it to regional board and they generally avoid these things as you can really sue them and just in case if they try collection guys then you can make it a criminal matter of harassment , airtel would avoid it at all costs. all in all a messy affair , best bet talk to top guy from airtel in your city.

Please let me know if i go to consumer court how much time will it take to settle this matter.....As I have heard ppl they legal notices if they don't pay the bills.....Plz help...Anyone wid any experiences willl help....:(

They don't send legal notices , the collection agencies which are used to collect the money do all this drama of legal notice , threat of attaching property etc to scare you , dont pay anything and when the collection guys contact you just ignore all their threats and letters.

and consumer courts are practically free. you can file an application. there is a small fee. and you can represent your own case. and most probably airtel would not even send their representative and would settle. they really have no case here... the charges are unreasonable.

Atleast start using the Broadband as per the new plan they have allotted you.Infact the moment you got the 4k bill, you should have changed your usage pattern according to the plan they had changed you to w/o your permissionIt would have been much easier to get 4-6k refunded than the 90k you need to get refunded as of now.

go for it.....post it everywhere...IBF,FB,twitter.....they need some publicity on this.:duel:

oh.. and the written commitment thing, Airtel is willing to lose connections as long as they dont have to give a written commitment, so dont count on getting one.(From recent personal experience)Just record ALL calls and communicate via mails as far as possible (which I believe you're already doing)If there is something Airtel wants to tell you in response to a mail, which they dont want to put in writing, they will usually call you up, and in the mail just mention that the issue was resolved over phone

righto. i am sick and tired of getting responses on phone. they just love to call you up. i have to make sure that all the communication is done on email. :|

righto. i am sick and tired of getting responses on phone. they just love to call you up. i have to make sure that all the communication is done on email. :|

The only way I have accomplished that is by mentioning

"DO NOT CALL ME PLEASE REPLY ON EMAIL ONLY"

2-3 times in the mail. (even then for stuff like retention plans they will call only)

Back