airtel broadband: impatience 4MBps plan user experience

• Thread starter Thread starter srinpraveen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 14,181
Airtel is vigorously promoting these plansI got a call from Airtel asking me to switch to impatience plan, They were trying to convince me to change to a plan with "4 times my current speed". I said no ofcourse :happy:

hehe.

well these plans are fine for casual users. (my neighbor uncle included) he is paying around 800 bucks for 256kbps currently i believe.

Yes, it is a very good plan for casual users. But the problem is as the speed increases some casual users would become heavy downloaders, my downloads in GB never used to cross single digit but this month it would be around 30, because my speed has increased in recent months.

well you cannot expect uncles and aunts to become serious downloaders just because they get faster speeds on their internet connections. guys like you and me know what to do with high speed connectivity. for most people, it is just a matter of checking mails, surfing a few websites... and maybe converse with your relatives and friends over a round of voice/video chat. i tend to give example of my neighboring uncle who turns on his machine once in a while to check emails. he does not have much use for his computer and he still ends up paying close to around 800 rupees for a stupid 256kbps connection.

Yes true. These plans are a perfect launchpad to get more and more casual users. Heavy downloaders will stick to UL plans and it will all workout for Airtel.

I have recommended the Impatience plans to my colleagues who are casual downloaders. They pay 1099 for the sick 512kbps unlimited when all they use is 3 - 4 GB a month.

Back