Airtel Broadband Latest Plans (As of October 2017) (150GB for 899 in Delhi NCR!)

• Thread starter Thread starter itzmynet
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 98
  • Views Views 24,905
So if i want to check if my city if provisioned for fiber. I can check it by apply for jiolink?
How i can apply for jiolink? Does jiolink have different plans?

@raman07 I would be staying way from Jio for the time being. The data limit is just way too low for the speeds and the way they surreptitiously changed the mobile plan prices.

They are looking to gain customers after that the customers are at their mercy. Would wait for feedback from people who have used it extensively first.

I finished my 250 GB monthly quota. Speeds fell. Had to reboot my router for that bonus of 1 TB to be registered and my speeds to be back up again.

I applied for Airtel BB from their site. I've had MTNL till now since I get connection leased with phone no. After 3 days, they are saying connection not present and asking me to buy their 4G router, though they've been here for years and have posters. I can contact they poster number but I want the 1000GB which they are saying is only available through their site.

Don't know why Airtel is acting like this.

You can try taking the simple offer through the pamphlet first and once you have an active connection, try getting that upgraded to 100 GB one.

Or try contacting @Airtel_Presence on twitter, they're more helpful.

I applied for Airtel BB from their site. I've had MTNL till now since I get connection leased with phone no. After 3 days, they are saying connection not present and asking me to buy their 4G router, though they've been here for years and have posters. I can contact they poster number but I want the 1000GB which they are saying is only available through their site.

Don't know why Airtel is acting like this.

There can be one of two possibilities in this case, first, they are sold out in your area and have no free port to sell you a connection. In which case you may have to wait for a port to free up before you can get one. Second and the more likely scenario is the sales guy in your area is using this "not available in your area" excuse to sell you 4G as this probably gets him a high commission/incentive from airtel to do so. Since the order is already in their system, why not call customer care and inquire what are they see on their end as for the "status". Don't call the numbers on the posters, they are just your local sales guys, they will give you a round around.

As for the 1000GB data, once they give you a connection, all you have to do is call customer care and have it added. When I called for having it added, the customer care just did it, no questions asked, they didn't even try to pretend that there isn't any such data that can be added.

Deal with airtel through their official channels and not their sales guys, it will make your life a whole lot easier. That way you can escalate it, if they make a mess of it.

They should offer the same plan every where. I am on the most expensive plan here in Kolkata. Luckily I am on retention plan or else I would have been really disappointed.

The difference in plans arises from the network’s infrastructural capabilities in the city of operation. Thus, Aritel may be able to offer 100Mbps for their broadband plans in Delhi, but may not be able to do so in a small town in Punjab because the copper cables required to deliver such high speed may not be laid. Additionally, if there is a larger number of users in a particular area it will allow a network to offer lower prices.

That’s true and I agree with you, but I am quite content with my speed that I get on my vdsl line (40Mbps). What I am disappointed and don’t like is the data allocation, different city are paying different rent towards their connection.

Right now, I am quite happy because they have increased my fup to 900gb and I have 2TB data in my account and plus I am only paying half my line rental, so can’t complain. ;)

Back