Airtel broadband lite (standby) plans

• Thread starter Thread starter sidharth098
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 7,258
Hi, @MrGordon Were you able to remove unwanted channels ? I want ala-carte channels of my choice too but that increase rental as I'm unable to get rid of bundled channels . I'm using the android app and it says I cant remove the channel from base pack, how did you do it without paying extra?

@darknite Yes, I was able to switch to the ala-carte plan. It’s a bit back and forth in the app, but works.

In the Airtel Thanks app, select your Black service. Within that go to the linked DTH connection. In that screen, under Quick Actions, go to Transaction.
Use the back button on the top left.
Click Update Account
Select Go Back To Homepage
In this screen, there should be a Manage TV Channels option.
Scroll down, and you should see Create your own plan, Skip to channel selection.

Now on this screen you can select the channels you want. For me currently it shows Rs 190 for the channels and Rs 84 as NCF, this is including tax. I think I’m eligible to add more channels, haven’t added it yet.

@darknite Yeah it showed 153 as NCF for me too initially, but the actual NCF ended up being much lower, Rs 84. I think it will show the actual NCF only once you confirm. Probably a bug.

Once you switch to the ala-carte plan, you will be able to add remove channels the regular way from the app, no need to do it in this convoluted way.

Ok, I will try that & update you @MrGordon Does your plan bill (₹399) get lower if you don't fully use the DTH amount? Or it will stay the same if you chose lower amount of channels but increase if you cross the highest limit.

When the bill generates after modifying the DTH pack, what does it show? Same base pack name & amount?

Not sure, I got the connection only last week. First bill hasn’t been generated yet.

Will post an update after it gets generated. First week of August is the date it shows.

Got the bill couple of days back and they seem to have applied a proportional discount even though I didn't opt for an Airtel channel pack but a-la-carte.

VB5Ik8V.png

The connection was activated on July 16 and billing was done till August 4, so 20 days. As per the plan benefits, they have to provide a Rs 59 discount for DTH usage in a month, in my case, they have provided Rs 38.06 discount which is correct for the 20 days. So it doesn't matter which packs we use, but the plan would provide Rs 261 worth TV channels (before taxes) in whichever combination you'd prefer. A-la-carte would definitely be beneficial.

As per my calculation, for the 20 days of usage, DTH should have been ~ Rs 130 before taxes (Rs 201*20/30), however in my case it has come to Rs 163.5. I am not sure why that is, as the Airtel app does show the monthly DTH plan amount as Rs 306.5 incl tax (or Rs 259.75 before taxes against my eligibility of Rs 261). It looks like some components were not prorated correctly. Anyway will know next month how the billing is done for a full month.

Back