Airtel Broadband New Plan? - 8 Mbps Unlimited 150GB FUP Rs. 2399/-

• Thread starter Thread starter vebk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 59
  • Views Views 23,018
Great plan compared to the 4mbit for the money we pay .. yes i have applied for this and will be migrated in a few days time

Can we see this plan details anywhere? even other new plans which they are planning to come up with?

Yes only if u call them and ask they will explain the details and not sure they offering this for all its not listed on airtel tarrif page i have checked it .. i got a call from them saying i can migrate to his if needed.

^ for the first time in my 8 year relationship with Airtel, I refused an upgrade to their fastest unlmited internet plan. The lady asked for feedback, so I told her my bit about the video streaming not exceeding 70 - 100 KB/s so what's the point... I think she hung up even before I had finished the sentence!! Oh well...........

What is the point in doubling your speeds when 1. You can still only use 150 GB, 2. They have blocked 90 percent of video streaming sites. You should have asked them what do you do with such speeds when they have blocked most content out there.And I dont know why Airtel do this. They release their new plans with so much secrecy. Every bloody time !!!

For those using their broadband connections in offices where one connection is shared among many users, upgrade to 8 mbps does makes sense. For everyone else it is a wastage of money.

What is the point in doubling your speeds when 1. You can still only use 150 GB, 2. They have blocked 90 percent of video streaming sites. You should have asked them what do you do with such speeds when they have blocked most content out there.

And I dont know why Airtel do this. They release their new plans with so much secrecy. Every bloody time !!!

Sadly, the recent spate of website blocking isn't actually Airtel's fault. If you're going to blame anyone, blame Reliance - supposedly it's one of their groups of companies getting all these blanket bans on whatever the hell they feel like. Otherwise blame the judges or whoever are actually authorizing these blanket bans for being such idiots and presumably not even checking. It seems, that finally in India we're seeing abuse of the court system as has been done in the USA (and more recently, parts of Europe) for a few years now.

I can understand some of the blocks due to those sites genuinely being aimed at the distribution of Indian-produced copyrighted material which we are obliged to protect under even the old copyright act HOWEVER some of the blocks I am strongly against - such as robtex.com, vimeo or dailymotion to name but 3 - robtex not even being a video sharing site or having any copyrighted/objectionable material at all, but is in fact (basically) a map of the Internet.

I should only hope that ISPs fight back against some of the blocks - after all, Youtube wasn't blocked, yet the other 2 were! If copyright owners want material removed from legitimate video-streaming sites, all offer ways of doing that without blocking the entire site, so it's surely sheer laziness on somebody's part to just say "block the whole thing".

Come on guys, you are citizens of what is supposed to be a democracy. Make them feel your wrath - the government is supposed to fear the people. You elected them, after all, they should be working for you, not for Reliance and so on.

Back