Airtel Broadband New Plan? - 8 Mbps Unlimited 150GB FUP Rs. 2399/-

• Thread starter Thread starter vebk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 59
  • Views Views 23,018
Interesting. Just found the plan on Airtel website. But it seems it is only available in Karnataka. None of the other circles are showing the rapid 150 plan.

Airtel

What is the validity of Airtel broadband 8Mbps plan ?

but not restricted to 1mbps right? they can at least try to offer faster speeds based on what their network can deliver?

Even though the ADSL2+ standard does allow up to 3.5mbit/s upstream, this is only with Annex M which most providers around the world aren't using, Airtel probably included. So 1mbit/s or thereabouts is about as good as it gets.

Interesting. Just found the plan on Airtel website. But it seems it is only available in Karnataka. None of the other circles are showing the rapid 150 plan.

Airtel

I kind of remember seeing the 8mbps plans in many other circles just last week. I dunno why its not here now.

Strange.

I got this from speedtest after upgrading to 8mbps. Really satisfied with the speeds. Skype calls should be very very smooth now! :D

Upload speeds are sadly at 0.8 mbps. But thats enough for me.

I doubt you will see any improvement in Skype calls. I haven't - it's been the same sad experience with 1 Mbps, 2 Mbps and now 4 Mbps. The quality of the video is really bad, and it never utilizes the full bandwidth. While video chatting (with people in Europe), the download speeds hardly goes above 50-60 KB/s and the upload stays around 15-20 KB/s. At best makes for a barely do-able experience. Not very smooth, and certainly does not even begin to touch the potential of my awesome HD webcam.

I was on 4mbps before, and It would struggle when talking with about 5-6 people. Now although quality isnt improved much, it provides a more stable experience.Also, 1080p youtube streaming isnt much improved. I dont know why.. My download only goes upto 256KB on youtube. But 720p streaming is kind of faster.

Also, 1080p youtube streaming isnt much improved. I dont know why.. My download only goes upto 256KB on youtube. But 720p streaming is kind of faster.
Oh oh. I have requested for migration to this plan so that I can stream full HD videos my smart tv. Even though I had an option to take ACT connection, I went for this. Bad idea?

I mean with 8mbps i expected 1080p videos to buffer in atleast 30 secs.1080p buffers for me at 2-3 mins. I think the problem is it isnt using all of the available 8mbps bandwidth.

I am a little confused here. Do you pause till entire video is buffered and then watch it? And it is taking 2-3 minutes to buffer the entire video?

if wholesale rate of data per GB is Rs4 then 150x4=600Rs and they are taking 2399bucks + taxes for the same :aglerks: That means a whooping 1800bucks + profit from a single subscriber :shock: Loooot Looooot Looooooooot Mittal Saheb Aur Lutoooooo till your thirst for money is fetched :Boy Surrender:

Back