Airtel Broadband: Now available LATEST firmware 220 bx

If ur current firmware is working well.. dont upgrade..upgraded firmware doesnt give better speeds..

@cyberwizSpecially for Airtel modems/routers.CC changes the unit , at the slightest problem, and recycle it later !I had 220Bx then 220BX1 and now 110BX1 ( Jan 2008( no usb port , extra DDNS option )Para two :please advise, whether if if Board Id &Software version/s are same , if the Bootloader(CFE)is different the FW upgrade cannot be used. Never noticed the importance of this change, even if the FW version is same.My understanding, it will work but some new instructions , may not work.( say settings for client tr_069 , DDNS etc ). Please correct if I am mistaken. Thank you.

the airtel eng updated without my consent..dled from ftp...3.04 and 3.00 were slow ...3.06 worked fine but when using usb and eth at the same time the modem settings were corrupt ...so they disabled the usb i think@essbebe - whats the hardware diff btw BX and BX1??

@haider_up32
@essbebe - whats the hardware diff btw BX and BX1??
If i remember correctly addition was client tr_69 under maintenance.
110BX1 has DDNS in addition to above. .
Para two : Both USB cable and Ethernet cable Should not be connected to same
Computer. ( can connect to different computers ).
If still in your unit USB Port is available try. IP 192.168.1.2 usually.
I doubt FW update disables USB Port function.
Will update: asking @demigod to respond here.

@cyberwiz
Para two :
please advise, whether if if Board Id &Software version/s are same ,
if the Bootloader(CFE)is different the FW upgrade cannot be used.
Never noticed the importance of this change, even if the FW version is same.
My understanding, it will work but some new instructions , may not work.
( say settings for client tr_069 , DDNS etc ).
Please correct if I am mistaken. Thank you.

I not sure dude if CFE is different what the result will be..u can try it out and let us know..but remember that u are always running the risk of a dead modem which is ok if u have a rented one

@essbebe i am 100% sure this disables the usb.....also the fw vs no of 110bx and the new fw is same...110bx has no usb

The FW version given in WIKI was given long back.Now I got 110BX1 and the FW version is same ( say in May 2008)So in Beetel 220BX or Beetel 220BX1 units with USB port will work. ( or even in UT300R2U one new model )Para two:The Bootloader CFE versions :for 220 bx normal . for /220bx1 ( added client tr_069)for 110BX1 in addition to above, and DDNS access has been added. ( for web server )Conditions for FW update:1.Board ID should be same . 2.FW version specifies as update.3.Bootloader CFE need not be same !Para two: follow procedure for USB Port drivers installation.Modem need not be connected !Then connect USB cable to computer and open 192.168.1.2Try to program the modem.If it works. FW version is common to modems with/ without USB option !Please wait for other comments.Para three:FW is the set of interactive menu pages loaded in eprom.Bootloader CFE ( like OS) to access those pages. I am not sure.The point you have raised is a general one and applies to all FW updates.

i upgraded on bx via usb (means drive installed) but after reboot modem didnt work as connected to ethernet...on my bx1 i upgraded via ethernet and usb drivers were all installed....and usb didnt work on bx1

1.Get Beetel 220 bx working in USB mode with any firmware.Post Device status page ( or FW version ). & Diagnostics page first two entries.2. Same for 220BX1. Ethernet cable to be disconnected from computer. .

my usb worked fine on all 3.00-3.06 except 3.12

Back