Airtel Broadband refusing to provide service

• Thread starter Thread starter _Dexter
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 2,373
@nishantt6969 Abuse? These guys asked us to pay for cable cost. We agreed on 30000 (2.5Km Cabel). A week later they said No, we want 50K now. They are the Abusive one!

Cable cost is not the only factor into play here. There are also other costs which need to be paid by any ISP before starting service, there are tons of permissions from local authorities etc.
Even if they do all this, there is no guarantee that someone will not come and cut their fibre. I can understand the frustration, but you need to accept the ground reality!

@dexter22 Whether you complain or not, they won't budge. I know you're upset but it's no point cursing them because frankly it does not make an iota of difference to Airtel. These guys are VERY picky about their service areas for reasons only known to them.

Also, as @doineedto rightly says above, there are other installation costs and permissions that come into play. They daisy chain fibre from one building or one housing colony to the other and need to ask for permission from each one of them. In fact, I have faced fibre cuts when these guys came in just as I did with TPBB. Thankfully that's rare now. My home is <500 metres from their OLT (in a straight line) but has to leapfrog over multiple colonies/buildings to get here. And this is an airtel direct connection, not via a LCO.

Best you try another provider who has confirmed presence in your area.

PS my colony is one of the 1st to get Airtel fibre in my area. They even stopped giving new fibre connectivity in surrounding colonies for a while. Only VDSL was available. When I asked why..the tech smiled and said he doesn't know..just orders from the bosses. They resumed now though.

Last edited:
Back in 2011 we moved into a new house, Airtel broadband was available in the area but not in my street. The nearest Airtel junction point was less than 150 meters away from my home... They refused to give me the connection stating me some bs feasibility reason.. I tried to ask for a connection for several years until like 2018 and gave up.

Finally in 2020 Jio fiber aggressively expanded to all corners of my area and Airtel also did the same. So the point is, normal people cant do anything except wait. The only option is to pay for the expansion.

Back