• Thread starter Thread starter Spawn Freak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 10,144

Spawn Freak

Regular
ISP
BSNL DataOne Home 500
Guys am gonna stay in ludhiana for five years (as i am studying law there) so i bought an airtel 64 kbps UL connection, i asked the airtel engineer that if he could install my conn. in bridge mode, so he said that ur connection can only be installed in PPPoE mode. I've got my username n passw.Guys plz help me in config. my beetel 220BX1 in bridge mode!!!

Welcome to Beetel Modems
download the manual/s for your model.
64Kbps UL connection, ( this is not broadband)you can be connected always
on.
What is your OS? win98 /win2000/or winXP ?

64 kbps is broadband because it is being supplied over a phone line and using a dsl modem.... and inspite of a 64 kbps conn. am getting a dload speed of around 11 kBps (i shd get aroud 8 kBps)My OS is Windows Vista Home Basic, and no need to tell me how to create a dialer, i knw that very well, am mod'ing a BSNL broadband comm. with over 4000 members on orkut....

Guys am gonna stay in ludhiana for five years (as i am studying law there) so i bought an airtel 64 kbps UL connection, i asked the airtel engineer that if he could install my conn. in bridge mode, so he said that ur connection can only be installed in PPPoE mode. I've got my username n passw.

Guys plz help me in config. my beetel 220BX1 in bridge mode!!!

1.Congrats. When a question is asked , you are bound to get silly answer/s from me, who does not know your background information.By the way, where did I tell you about dialer ?
B
2.In future I will check the profile of each member before attempting to even dare a posting here. Thanks for the response. and the info that Airtel 64Kbps connection is from the telephone line , which I did not know earlier. ( using Airtel connection for past three years )

64 kbps is broadband because it is being supplied over a phone line and using a dsl modem.... and inspite of a 64 kbps conn. am getting a dload speed of around 11 kBps (i shd get aroud 8 kBps)

My OS is Windows Vista Home Basic, and no need to tell me how to create a dialer, i knw that very well, am mod'ing a BSNL broadband comm. with over 4000 members on orkut....

Hi supergenius. just because something is being supplied over DSL doesnt make that broadband, it is speed that defines any connection as broadband. :wall::wall:

My OS is Windows Vista Home Basic, and no need to tell me how to create a dialer, i knw that very well, am mod'ing a BSNL broadband comm. with over 4000 members on orkut....

Wow you are modding bsnl routers over with your super 133t 4OOO members orkut community and you dont know how to google and get configuration guide for your router/modem ? You might find this bashing but you should be open to other's comments/ideas on a forum .. thats how things work . This is a broadband forum and dumbest guy here knows that 256 kbps is what is presently called broadband in india ( TRAI ) .

@ Power, i know that TRAI has released that 256 kbps or higher speed connection is termed as broadband, but think about the technology behind it, anything which is provided over dsl cannot be called broadband but also can not be called dial up no? so the operators cannot fool TRAI by saying this as broadband, it is smthing over dsl that is why TRAI is not stopping operators to call 64 kbps as broadband......

Argument : :1. Any Internet service at 64Kbps via telephone line and using a Modem is broadband..( For Cable Internet service file seperate petition !)
2. Modem should be broadband type. ( Not Dial up modem )
3. Service provider should be AIRTEL because they call it broadband

Para two : By the way have you set up your Beetel 220Bx modem in Bridge mode ?

Para three :Broadband Internet access - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Broadband Internet access, often shortened to just "broadband", is high speed Internet access—typically contrasted with dial-up access over modem.

Dial-up modems are generally only capable of a maximum bitrate of 56 kbit/s (kilobits per second) and require the full use of a telephone line—whereas broadband technologies supply at least double this speed and generally without disrupting telephone use.

Although various minimum speeds have been used in definitions of broadband, ranging up from 64 kbit/s up to 1.0 Mbit/s, the OECD Broadband Statistics report is typical in counting only download speeds equal to or faster than 256 kbit/s as broadband, and the US FCC use 200 kbit/s in their definition.
UNQUOTE

Back