Airtel Broadband: Should I switch to MTNL?

• Thread starter Thread starter d00by
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 5,034

d00by

Regular
ISP
Airtel 1099 Explorer Unlimited
Hi,I have been using airtel for the past 15 months.Since the past 2 days my speed has gone down to 10 kbps from 25 kbps.I have unlimited 725 plan which gives 128K speeds.techncally, airtel is justified to give only 128 k speed according to the plan.But, why the sudden change of heart?Is there a better plan available in MTNL? Should I switch over to MTNL?njP.S. has Airtel stopped double speeds during night for all plans or does it provide double speed during night for some plans? :P

my reply would be to wait some time and see how the situation plays out... I think that with all the daily ADs that ai*tel posts in national leading daily newspapers, like "get free broadband for 550/-", etc. more people have switched to ai*tel and hence the idle bandwidth has reduced or something similar..whatever be the reason, 725+tax=~820/- and thats too much for 10kBps unlimited...we gotta protest..:@

or opt for their 256 kbps plan @ 999 pm...

I changed to 999 plan. Hope I get 512 speeds at night. Or have they stopped double speeds at night for 999 plan also?? :(

I'll see how this goes and if things do not improve soon I may very well switch over to MTNL.

Yeah, please do report, d00by, how things work out with 999 plan....all the best..

switchin to MTNL is only viable if u had 849 NU plan in Delhi..i guess 849 NU is da best plan any ISP has given to customers even thou its slightly on costlier side totalling to Rs. 1000+ inc taxes

:wall:550 plan is gr8...

err... I am interested in unlimited plan. With 550 plan, I will get a heart attack when I get the bill due to my broadband usage.

I download/upload something like 100 GB + every month. I would download more if my connection allowed. So, just do the math as to the kind of Bill I would get on the 550 plan! :ashamed:

100 Gb on 128k speed............time to go back to school :P
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8947/totalsik8.jpg

Here is my dumeter screenshot. Also, I said download/upload.

The july one would have easily crossed 100 GB if it had not been for the stupid 10k speeds!

Back