Airtel Broadband: Static IP with Airtel

do not want to lose the ability to use multiple PPPoE on bridge mode
I didn't get static IP for my airtel connection, but what I understand from other threads is PPPoE won't work once static IP is assigned.
Also your account will be assigned with one IP, so it can't be used on both ONT and router as IP have to be unique.
So I think it is not possible to have multiple connections unlike PPPoE with the static IP.

Yes. There is no pppoe connection, there wilp be static connection only. I can provide router screenshots if you wish.

Correction I have still not gotten static IP, I got public IP and port forwarding was working so I thought I had static IP. Realized they were giving dynamic public IPs.

The funny thing was they told me it is working. But actually what has happened is they randomly closed my static IP request, this was 2 weeks back.

Again created a request and I got a response from customer care but still no static IP (1 week back).

I tweeted and emailed to nodal also now. Lets see if I get static IP

Attachments

• brave_UYZN8BToQ3.webp
    brave_UYZN8BToQ3.webp
    38.4 KB · Views: 344
Sure, once I reach my place.

Static IP performs Ipoe connection request not pppoe, so there is no point of having pppoe connection.

Ask them IP info, configure it yourself. But I doubt static IP isnt actually activated on your connection otherwise pppoe connection would have dropped.

@nishantt6969,​

I am from Chennai. Yes static IP is not activated since when rebooting new ips keep coming.

Also who to ask IP info? The i have only email and twitter access to billing team (121). I have to ask backend team for IP info also I have new sercomm router which is entirely configured only through backend.

You will know IP details once configured in WAN information menu.

Back