Airtel Broadband thinks that 512kbps would be a good new minimum speed limit for broadband in India

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 6,072
After reading this article, it feels like I'm living in stone age. :(I'm glad that at least BSNL and Infotel think 2 Mbps is necessary. Shame on all others!

well the point is that if they think 2mbps is necessary who is stopping them from offering it as minimum? i mean there is no government restriction. government does not subsidize broadband. so what are they waiting for? this goes for BSNL.

2mbps thingy is possible as minimum by major big isp's. But the thing is they don't want to.. They feel 256/512k is more than enough for browsing/downloading. I feel small regional players(soon to be big) like beam,fivenet.. Etc Etc will play a keyrole in changing the broadband scene in India.

2mbps thingy is possible as minimum by major big isp's. But the thing is they don't want to.. They feel 256/512k is more than enough for browsing/downloading. I feel small regional players(soon to be big) like beam,fivenet.. Etc Etc will play a keyrole in changing the broadband scene in India.
What the hell can u do in 512kbps speed. Cannot play online gaming with that, which i am facing now

What the heck is wrong with the Airtel - 1 Mbps was the minium they were providing and 2 Mbps in the night till today. "Nattamei Theerpai Matthi Sollu" :P I am pretty sure that it is hard for me watch movies and cricket online hereafter.

512 is a decent speed, if they they have FUP with 512 kbps as the min. speed then IMHO it is decent (Atleast for us i.e. Indians)

512 is a decent speed, if they they have FUP with 512 kbps as the min. speed then IMHO it is decent (Atleast for us i.e. Indians)

NO

512K isn't even good browsing speed.. with websites with more and more heavy (flash, etc) content 512K speed is more like a snail on a highway, We need genuine 2mbps unlimited plans with FUP around 200GB (in fact its better to keep it simple NO FUP!). For habitual heavy downloaders 8mbps or more true UL plans with 500GB limit would be a good deal. 2Mbps can be around Rs 1500/- and 8Mbps be Rs 2500/-
Only then can we really feel that internet is both free and for the free................. FREEDOM!

the zee ads feature SRK with the slogan don't be santusht comes to mind. the problem with us that we end up getting satisfied with little stuff.

I agree, I think its all to do with our age old teachings about not being Greedy. But here its more about getting the free stuff for a reasonable price. I mean the wires don't really decompose on transmitting signals and so we are really paying for the wiring cost and some other basic support. I wish the telecom giants would learn the lessons on sharing (for free or in this case making a FAIR profit and not ripping its customers for something which is virtually free)

Back