Airtel Broadband Wi-fi Services

• Thread starter Thread starter Sammy003
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 17,555
The one given by airtel is a beetel?

----------

Basically i need one which has a high bandwidth and is durable. I have a 2mbps connection with which i do serious downloading thro torrents and serious online gaming.... This bloody D-Link was of no use. It died on me just after the warranty ended :(

Linksys, Netgear, Cisco? which one... Someone who does heavy downloading please send in your replies.

How is the wifi router which airtel gives you?
I had a D-Link which died on me because of the large downloading that i do.
Any other options?
I saw a Cisco router which was 7k at Staples. Is that worth it?

I am using the bx 450 wifi router which Airtel gives with connection for a 1000 Rs. And have been using it for about 6 months now, with no problems. It has a good range and works good on the 1 st floor also, I get 2 - 3 bars.

I think it pretty much has all the functions for the expensive routers along with 4 LAN ports on the back. There is no USB port for Network drives though.
I realized after a while that one of the ports on the back was not working, but the engineer who installed it said not to worry about it, and if at any point I needed to use the 4th port, he will just replace the Wifi Router.

I am also using it with my iPhone, works fine.

I think the data transfer rate for this router is 56Mbps, please correct me if I am wrong.

Airtel Beetal modem is good. They will replace your modem in any case you find problem.

Alright so i signed up for the 1k scheme from airtel, and if the router goes bust because of my downloading i can always call them up and ask for a replacement.. .

yeah, the scheme in which you give 1k and get the router on rent. That way i can use it as long as it holds up and then get something better.

well yeah. but their hardware is not really of high quality so range would be limited i guess.

This not a problem. i need it just in my room, wit the ps3 and the laptop right next to each other .

I have a Netgear Wifi router which has served me well, and my bro has the same one. Both of our routers(in different cities of course) are switched on 24/7 and it has been like 1-2 years now and we havent got any problems with it. :thumb:

Back