Airtel Broadband Xstream Bundle would require network connectivity fee (Rs. 153 per month) for media box functionality

• Thread starter Thread starter pachabhut
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 2,634
ISP
Airtel
For STB, most important T&C

8. Consumer is not very interested in Linear content and wants to use the xstream box primarily to watch OTT content

We have a variety of plans ranging at all price points which give you a good range of channels at minimal costs of 199 / month or he can make his own pack as well and the same needs to be informed to him.

In case the consumer still doesn’t want to watch linear at all he need to be informed that the box will need to be recharged for the NCF (network capacity fee) for Rs 153 every month in order to offer services on the box . As part of paying the NCF he is entitled to watch 225 + Free to Air channels and mandatory DD channels . The Box runs only till it has positive balance in the account and will need to be recharged to continue using the services

Last edited:
So it is a DTH masquerading as Android box

wasn't it always like that ...i have been seeing the "free" (read 1500 rs refundable deposit) stb offer in thanks app since a couple of months and it was reported on the forum as well so what's exactly new :confused:

i imagine this thread is helpful to people who never bothered to look into airtel's media box because they are not dth subscribers. now airtel is showcasing the stb as a free component of their broadband service so this information is useful nonetheless.

wasn't it always like that ...i have been seeing the "free" (read 1500 rs refundable deposit) stb offer in thanks app since a couple of months and it was reported on the forum as well so what's exactly new :confused:
Yeah, they have been providing Xstream box with Rs 1500 security deposit for broadband and One Airtel users for a while now. But as part of this revamp announced today, they say xstream box is offered for free to xstream fiber users but in reality, one needs to pay Rs 1500 plus Rs 153 every month for that Xstream stb.

Maybe, they’re just pushing users towards One Airtel plan. This is great strategy if you look at it..

Just to make it very clear : Suppose someone takes the 499 plan. He will get the XSTREAM box. To watch live television on that, he will have to pay as per the TRAI rules? ie. 153 NCF and cost of each individual channel per month? Is that correct?

does jio let you watch live tv channels for free using jio tv app on their stb? i couldn't see jio tv in the list of so called 11 ott apps included with their plans :confused:

Back