• Thread starter Thread starter sa_kiran
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 1,132

sa_kiran

Regular
ISP
MTNL
How much time does it take to get a service enabled through customer service?I called the customer service today to get call conferencing enabled. The call got disconnected after I agreed to pay 50 p for 3 minutes (probably charged). When I called the second time, I knew the options and ended up at the point of talking to the executive in less than a minute. The executive came on line and I told him the requirement. He started his standard story that ISD calling and call conferencing can not be enabled simultaneously. Then I gave him my standard story, this is a corporate connection, I have it enabled on my personal personal phone, etc. Finally he agreed to enable the feature and put me on hold for a very long time. He came back on line and told me that his system is very slow and he is not able to book the request (I've heard this whenever I've called). He suggested that I call back later, I had spent 15 minutes on the call by then! I told that I can not call back and spend another 15-20 minutes. At this point, he told that he will transfer the line to his supervisor and the request can be booked. I wonder how can the supervisor take my request when the system is slow :-0 Anyway, I spoke the supervisor and lady enabled the feature. By then, the call had moved into 19th minute. She asked me if I can give the feedback. I told her that I've already wasted more than 18 minutes and have no intention of wasting more time with the stupid IVR.On a separate note, I had selected English language, the executive cam on line speaking Hindi. This happens all the time. Why does airtel waste customers' time asking for options, when they don't give what is chosen?I also paid my bill today. As always, I get SMS and e-mail from my bank immediately after payment and Airtel message 15-20 minutes later. So much for being a telco!

Back